Ceasers At Lazy Dog

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
It is my understanding that the Lazy Dog in Las Terrenas is Canadian owned.
My question is , do they make an authentic Canadian Ceaser ?
If not, does any other establishment in L.T make an authentic Canadian Ceaser?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It is my understanding that the Lazy Dog in Las Terrenas is Canadian owned.
My question is , do they make an authentic Canadian Ceaser ?
If not, does any other establishment in L.T make an authentic Canadian Ceaser?

Is the Canadian version different than the original one?

The salad's creation is generally attributed to restaurateur Caesar Cardini, an Italian immigrant who operated restaurants in Mexico and the United States

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
A Canadian caesar is a drink, not the salad ;) Clamato juice instead of the tomato used in a bloody mary. I have a feeling I had one at the Lazy Dog in Las Terrenas but I wouldn't want to say for sure. Did have a poutine there though... yum!!

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
Perhaps I have traveled in the wrong circles but I have never been able to order a Ceaser with Motts Clamato and all the other fixings in the US.
Last year at the Alisei in LT we were very pleasantly surprised they actually had cans of Motts Clamato but they did not have the hot sauce ( I like Franks Red Hot in mine) nor any worcestirshire so our ceasers did not quite tick all the boxes.
I am thinking the Lazy Dog will be our best bet this year in our quest for the perfect Dominican Ceaser.
Hopefully someone with boots (or sandals) on the ground can provide me some affirmation.

Last edited:

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
Is the Canadian version different than the original one?

The salad's creation is generally attributed to restaurateur Caesar Cardini, an Italian immigrant who operated restaurants in Mexico and the United States

My apologies. I was not very specific. As TravelHippo pointed out, I was referring to the drink.

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
I went by lazy dog in LT last week and it was closed during the weekend....I don't know if this was only temporary, as I was just passing through....

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I have found Motts Clamato in stores in the Bavaro area and in Puerto Plata. Just the regular not the extra spicy. Keep looking it might be there already.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Why do you not bring the necessary ingredients down with you? Plenty of skilled bartenders to make your chosen cocktail.

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
Why do you not bring the necessary ingredients down with you? Plenty of skilled bartenders to make your chosen cocktail.
Weight and space limitations. We are there for 18 days so I will not be packing beverages and garnishing's.
I am confident someone in the DR (LT) community will help me in my quest to find the perfect Domincan Ceaser.

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Clamato and proper Worcestershire sauce are both now available even here in Cabrera (and have seen them in Puerto Plata, Sosua, etc.... not sure about Las Terrenas but possibly). No Frank's Hot Sauce though :( I agree that is the best. But that is one part that maybe you could bring along?

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
bloody bloody

I have an umbrella/chair guy at Playa Sosua who makes the most passable one I have ever had in this dusty whore town.

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
I have an umbrella/chair guy at Playa Sosua who makes the most passable one I have ever had in this dusty whore town.

LOL. With some "slightly" better salesman(woman)ship I would have considered the 3 hour journey to join you for one :smoke:

May 29, 2006
Are Caesars just a VC thing or are they popular in the east as well? Clamato is easy enough to get nowadays, but I dunno about celery salt.

Worst drink I ever had in the DR was supposed to be a Margarita. Served warm, no salt and mostly sugar..

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
They are a staple here in East/Central Canada where I am. I presume, they are very popular through-out most of the country.

Ron Anjero

Aug 8, 2013
You can get everything you need at Super Pola, San Juan shopping plaza Bavaro... Both Mott's regular or extra spicy.. it's a weekend staple!

May 29, 2006
I could never understand why so few Canadian foods became trendy elsewhere. Caesars, Poutine and Beaver Tails are the only things I can name offhand, and I only know that a Beaver Tail is some kind of pastry. Given the French Canadians are of the same stock as Cajuns, you'd think they would have come up with something other than pea soup..