More shameless PROPAGANDA by NY Times and Katz (con TRADUCCI?N al Espa?ol)

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
This is the latest piece of SHAMELESS PROPAGANDA against the Dominican people by the NY Times and Jon Katz, on Haitian issues.

A preliminary Spanish translation is available HERE.

Over Twitter, the author has been explicitly accused of getting money from the Clinton's to produce anti-Dominican propaganda. He has been asked point blank to confirm or deny whether he has received funding from the Clintons but has not answered, even when it has been pointed out that it is a legitimate question, from the viewpoint his journalism INTEGRITY.

One of the most outrageous allegations in this piece is that "unemployment is relatively low" in the DR. The truth is that it is about 15% (fifteen), and near 30% (thirty) among the youth. That is a perfect reflection of the (lack of) competence and/or integrity of the individuals involved.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Those starting to consider these issues, in particular the legal questions involved, are encouraged to read THIS.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Maybe the NY Times should check out the definition of the word Exile. They are in their own country how are they exiled?

ltsnyder

Bronze
Jun 4, 2003
www.x3ci.com
He has been asked point blank to confirm or deny whether he has received funding from the Clintons but has not answered, even when it has been pointed out that it is a legitimate question, from the viewpoint his journalism INTEGRITY.

One of the most outrageous allegations in this piece is that "unemployment is relatively low" in the DR. The truth is that it is about 15% (fifteen), and near 30% (thirty) among the youth. That is a perfect reflection of the (lack of) competence and/or integrity of the individuals involved.

It is a quite obvious lie to say unemployment is not extremely high in the DR, and the journalistic question that the reporter failed to answer is a valid one to ask. However there is in human nature the tendency when reaching a starvation life style (nobody chooses it), to persecute any or the most different minority around. I mean, it is not like I can become a citizen by marrying a dominican woman....

Jan 7, 2016
If the allegations and "facts" in this article are proven to be false and funding is found to be provided by Bill and Hillary, both of them should be "persona-non-grata" in the Dominican Republic. They seem to like to visit here frequently...tit-for-tat.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
It is a quite obvious lie to say unemployment is not extremely high in the DR, and the journalistic question that the reporter failed to answer is a valid one to ask. However there is in human nature the tendency when reaching a starvation life style (nobody chooses it), to persecute any or the most different minority around. I mean, it is not like I can become a citizen by marrying a dominican woman....

Why cannot you become a Dominican by marrying a Dominican woman?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
And who were the first into Haiti after the earthquake to assist with food, water and treating the injured?
THE DOMINICANS.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
And who were the first into Haiti after the earthquake to assist with food, water and treating the injured?
THE DOMINICANS.
Right. Plus a lot of logistic support, and assistance in the DR. Some Haitian children are still crossing the border to attend Dominican schools, supposedly b/c the 2010 earthquake destroyed their schools.

Did he mention any of that in his kilometric article? I don't recall having read it.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
When idiots like Jon Katz try to shame the Dominicans as to how they treat Haitans ask them " how many do you want to support". The Dominican Government can only do so much.
If this clown and others like him are truly concerned they should lobby other countries to allow Haitans to imigrate.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Call Justin Trudeau.... 1-800-CANADA4ME

He's welcoming refugees............ free transportation too.
It might be an idea !!!???

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Call Justin Trudeau.... 1-800-CANADA4ME

He's welcoming refugees............ free transportation too.
It might be an idea !!!???

Please don't give that horses butt anymore ideas. 2 months in office, 4.6 billion dollars later and not one job created.
Try to find someone now that would actually admit that they voted liberal.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Please don't give that horses butt anymore ideas. 2 months in office, 4.6 billion dollars later and not one job created.
Try to find someone now that would actually admit that they voted liberal.

How would anyone go about "Creating a job?" What does that even mean?

harry myrtle beach

Sep 16, 2015

actually i received my Dominican citizenship by marrying a Dominican woman

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
There is a pecking order for social justice warriors, Haitians and Muslims are way up on the list. Higher than gay/lesbian/tranny, womens
issues, etc.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Yes you can. I'm in the process right now.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
How would anyone go about "Creating a job?" What does that even mean?

Rather than waste money on social programs spend on the infastructure of the country. Build schools which employee teachers, build a hospital it employs nurse doctors etc. Rebuild crumbling bridges and roads. All these things also employ construction workers.
Rather than tax the hell out of oil, reinvest in the oilsands. This keeps people employed.
That is a simple version of job creation.
Rather than mass imigration and pot legalization invest in what Canada has. Don't pull a father like son stunt and try to destroy the country.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Rather than waste money on social programs spend on the infastructure of the country. Build schools which employee teachers, build a hospital it employs nurse doctors etc. Rebuild crumbling bridges and roads. All these things also employ construction workers.
Rather than tax the hell out of oil, reinvest in the oilsands. This keeps people employed.
That is a simple version of job creation.
Rather than mass imigration and pot legalization invest in what Canada has. Don't pull a father like son stunt and try to destroy the country.

i agree with you. instead of giving more money to those welfare queens, so they can drive around their hordes of illegitimate kids in the Cadillac, government should hand out more corporate welfare to the rich. those darned inner city folk don?t need more than is necessary to keep the crack pipe well lit.