Whatever happened to Bea Garcia in Sosua

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Bea passed away in 2002. She was quite a character. She wound up living all alone with about 7 million cats in her house. It was a while before anybody even knew she had expired. I still use her recipe for flan.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Bea passed away in 2002. She was quite a character. She wound up living all alone with about 7 million cats in her house. It was a while before anybody even knew she had expired. I still use her recipe for flan.

Man, Meemselle, you are a wealth of information. Thanks!

Frank

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
I knew Bea when I lived in Sousa in the very early 1980s. Everybody did. She worked at the airport, where her nickname (behind her back) with the staff was Dona Pequena y Fea. She wasn't so fea, but she sure as hell was pequena. I am not a tall woman, but I towered over her! She was prickly, and difficult, and never met a truth she couldn't embellish. She was also kind, and funny, and she made a great flan!

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Glad you brought it up Frank. Really interesting story. Sadly, I don't think much has changed. Be careful when you get rich and famous from you book sales and keep the Russian chick, no Dominican boys (just don't put her in your will)

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks Frank and Meemselle.

I came across Frank's link to the story when I was searching something else a few days ago on DR1 and was fascinated by the story. I'm relieved to hear that she died of natural causes, I was worried that the V?squez family would have retaliated against her.

Last edited: