Buying a new home

businessdr

Oct 8, 2011
My mom expressed interest in buying a condo in Puerto Plata. Can a foreigner purchase real estate here as a

cash transaction?

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
So just so we're all clear here, after years of you spouting off on how DR is the Worst Place Ever, your mom's response is to look for property in DR, in an all-cash deal?

I don't know if you're a person of faith, but do I have a new religion for you!

[video=youtube;im29S6ZWRDI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im29S6ZWRDI[/video]

All hail the Egyptian God of Frustration!

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
I would advise her to have a good lawyer on her side before and during the process. Yes it is legal, but can be confusing without professional help.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Atta Boy Derf....

How many people (besides you) have ever bought property without a lawyer ?

You're allowed to use both fingers and toes for counting purposes.....

On Mississippi, two Mississippi ...................................

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Atta Boy Derf....

How many people (besides you) have ever bought property without a lawyer ?

You're allowed to use both fingers and toes for counting purposes.....

On Mississippi, two Mississippi ...................................

I haven't bought any property here, but in Mississippi I bought several after Kristina and no lawyers involved there. I did provide a shoulder to cry on for one Canadian couple who tried to do it all by email and figured their French was close enuff to Spanish that they could handle it without legal representation.
Der Fish

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Very common in some states, especially California to buy with out a lawyer, here NEVER.
And get title insurance too.
I bought in an all cash deal here 20 years ago.
Only after renting in the same neighborhood for a year first.
Two times in the last 20 years people have appeared claiming THEY owned the property.
Guzman/Ariza law firm proved them wrong!!!!!!!

Welcome to paradise!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Two times in the last 20 years people have appeared claiming THEY owned the property.
Guzman/Ariza law firm proved them wrong!!!!!!!

Currently looking to purchase land for a future house in the Campo, Guzman/Ariza law firm is the only firm I would trust with handling the transaction.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
My mom expressed interest in buying a condo in Puerto Plata. Can a foreigner purchase real estate here as a

cash transaction?

Do not buy a property WITHOUT using an attorney. The paperwork is complicated and it is very easy for your mother to get ripped off. Obviously if you execute the deal you want the title to be correct. GET A LAWYER.

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010

cash transaction?

Yes. No problem and for a cash offer you can make fantastic deals at the moment along the North Coast.

If you mean physically bringing the cash into the DR in your pocket then that's probably not advisable.
You will need a legal reason for sums over $10K US.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Yes. No problem and for a cash offer you can make fantastic deals at the moment along the North Coast.

If you mean physically bringing the cash into the DR in your pocket then that's probably not advisable.
You will need a legal reason for sums over $10K US.

Yes, as in purchasing real estate!
You also need proof of where the originating funds came from when doing a wire transfer over $10K USD into a DR bank account..