Picture

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
This picture amazes me. The building you see is the still Santo Domingo Motors and still there. Now that area changed so much, why get rid of circle, I think it's cool but oh well.

12509818_967304136638290_7516517945250569945_n.jpg

Info:

SANTO DOMINGO 1976
Vista Panor?mica de la Avenida John F. Kennedy esquina Abraham Lincoln.
A la izquierda el Edificio de la Santo Domingo Motors.
Santo Domingo , Rep?blica Dominicana.
Imagen del a?o 1976
Fuente : Libro Rojo 1966/ 1976./ Colaboraci?n de Lorenzo Paulino.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks for posting this picture.
This is where I lived in 1998. The view from my kitchen window was Santo Domingo Motors with the red truck on the side of the building.
It was much more developed then. I have not been to this spot for years but have seen pictures of even more development.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Now we have Agora Mall on the lower left-hand side, and the "Zooberto" park with the giant animal statues is on the little island to the right of the roundabout. The lower right hand side is now a car dealership and part of Ikea.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Now we have Agora Mall on the lower left-hand side, and the "Zooberto" park with the giant animal statues is on the little island to the right of the roundabout. The lower right hand side is now a car dealership and part of Ikea.

Is the Harley Davidson dealership still there?
All those malls and stores now. I used to have to go to Plaza Central and One other one that I forget the name of. Maybe it was Uni Centro Plaza? I am dating myself now. Many years ago and losing my memory. :classic:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The "Circle" was replaced by on overpass of Kennedy, over Lincoln, years ago.(Thank Leonel)
Magna Motors/HD is still there.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

All the "Over/Under" passes built over the last few years "WORK"!!!!
Much cheaper than the "METRO", and they save time and money not waste it!!!!

nomis

Jan 22, 2010
I just drove by Zooberto park....not much maintenance going on there anymore. The eagle looks like a hedge with wings and the giraffe looks like it grew an afro hair do....sad.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
The "Circle" was replaced by on overpass of Kennedy, over Lincoln, years ago.(Thank Leonel)
Magna Motors/HD is still there.

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

All the "Over/Under" passes built over the last few years "WORK"!!!!
Much cheaper than the "METRO", and they save time and money not waste it!!!!

Today traffic is good, because of the in between holidays. I was thinking: let s say that 10% of the workers took the day off, traffic was a breeze, what if there is 10% more traffic supply in 2-3 years, how's traffic going to be?