Hi all, Washington D.C.

ygvargas

Jan 22, 2016
Hi,

Originally from Washington D.C. I moved here about a year ago, I am planning on spending 6 months in the Middle East in about a years time and I was wondering where I could possibly take Arabic lessons here in DR. I am currently living in Santiago. I would love to connect with others here, drop me a line.

Best Regards

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
In the (almost) 4 years I have been living here, never seen or heard anyone speaking Arabic. Good luck.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Hi,

Originally from Washington D.C. I moved here about a year ago, I am planning on spending 6 months in the Middle East in about a years time and I was wondering where I could possibly take Arabic lessons here in DR. I am currently living in Santiago. I would love to connect with others here, drop me a line.

Best Regards

Duolingo online has several choices, I don't know if they present the language one has to know to really understand the Quran or not.

Big_Poppi2

Mar 30, 2008
Aguilas Cibae?as
www.facebook.com
Hello ygvargas, welcome to Dr1 and forums. I'm not sure 6 months is enough time to learn a language or even get the lessons but you're on the net and it always has the best resources or try Rosetta Stone and express shipping. I don't really know of many Arab or Arabic speaking communities and of course dynamic emersion is best. Meaning once you're there, it's easier to learn as u live in the environment. Best of luck God bless!!!

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Hi,

Best Regards

Contact El Club Sirio Libanes Palestino de RD.

They can help you with what you seek.

Just type it on Google to search and find them!

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi,

Best Regards

Exactly where in the Middle East are you going? Hope the answer isn't Syria, Iraq or Afghanistan.

ygvargas

Jan 22, 2016
Thanks Pichardo, I have passed the club in Santo Domingo in the past, I called today and they said they are looking to start courses back up since at the moment they no longer offer classes. They did asked me to call them back on Tuesday to see if they can get me in touch with a teacher before then.