Gaspar Hernandez

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I expect there are lots of guaguas, Cmmdr.

Maybe the POP - Samana bus will drop you.... if you want more upscale seating.

Shouldn't be hard.....
The hard part will be finding something to do once you get there !!!

After your dinner at Harley's..............

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
any guagua that goes to rio san juan will pass GH. they leave from manolo tavarez justo, next to the hospital. i do not think there is a reliable schedule but they travel all day long with good frequency.

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
any guagua that goes to rio san juan will pass GH. they leave from manolo tavarez justo, next to the hospital. i do not think there is a reliable schedule but they travel all day long with good frequency.
Good info.

But I would prefer to take a publico to the Sosua terminus then catch a publico to Gaspar Hernandez from the immediately adjacent parada. Likely to be quicker overall despite the change of vehicle. The Rio San Juan guaguas make many more stops.

I would do so because, boarding the publicos at the start of their routes in to Pto Pta and Sosua, I can buy both places in the front seats for more comfort.

If you are on such a tight budget that 100 pesos is important to you, then the guagua is the answer, but allow plenty of time.

Incidentally, I have never tried to buy two seats on the guagua for comfort. I have a feeling it would not work out too well.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Good info.

But I would prefer to take a publico to the Sosua terminus then catch a publico to Gaspar Hernandez from the immediately adjacent parada. Likely to be quicker overall despite the change of vehicle. The Rio San Juan guaguas make many more stops.

I would do so because, boarding the publicos at the start of their routes in to Pto Pta and Sosua, I can buy both places in the front seats for more comfort.

If you are on such a tight budget that 100 pesos is important to you, then the guagua is the answer, but allow plenty of time.

Incidentally, I have never tried to buy two seats on the guagua for comfort. I have a feeling it would not work out too well.

Works great. I have done it the few times my pollito wasn't running and I did the Carro publico thing.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
on weekends and holidays i would stick to guagua because waiting time can be extended and less seats may be available.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i passed by the hospital today and talked to few guagua drivers. sunday and monday they will work normally, every 10-15 minutes or so. last guagua is around 6 pm so do not travel late.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
i passed by the hospital today and talked to few guagua drivers. sunday and monday they will work normally, every 10-15 minutes or so. last guagua is around 6 pm so do not travel late.

Lots of carrito publicos going through the night.....nocturnal transport....

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Yes, you said don't travel late, and I just put in another option for night travel after the guagua's are finished for the night.....