36 Hrs in Sto Dgo, DR. Article in The NYT

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I must admit, after stating that Santo Domingo is not a cultural destination for tourists in another thread, that maybe there's actually a lot to see here. In Dutch tv these months (January till March) there runs a program called: 'Who's the mole?'. It's some game between Dutch celebrities or 'celebrities' repeated every year from another spot on earth and this time it's in DR. I don't like the program (the game) that much but watched a few episodes since they started in Santo Domingo. I was surprised of the nice places they visited and the nice shots they showed of the city and the country. Good job of the ministry of tourism (which I suppose provided the shots and helped out with choosing the right places to visit.

For the Dutch speakers:

http://www.npo.nl/zoeken?q=Wie+is+de+mol&view=list

rfp

Gold
Jul 5, 2010
Nice ... made me nostalgic for a few minutes. Im over it now ...:dead:

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
It was a fun piece. I would love to have that gig for the Times: go and find 36 hours in great places....and you know the research takes WAY longer....sigh. My misspent youth.

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
...goat croquettes arrive in a kid?s size Converse All Star...

Well that piqued my interest.

:classic:
mob

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
it is a nice place to visit...and interesting being a place that is so dense w/people...one might never have an opportunity to be in a denser place...