Media industry in the DR

JayUKcomingtoDR

Jan 15, 2002
Hi all, how hard is it to get jobs in the media in the DR? How many periodicals and papers are there. Are there recruitment possibilities there?
Do you have many tv production companies? Do you have a national broadcasting company? like say the BBC in the UK.
If anyone has any info on the media industry in all forms i would really appriciate it

thanks all

Jay

Thepatriot

Jan 28, 2002
Well the counterpart.

Our national broadcasting company (state owned) RTVD Radio TV dominicana is the closest that comes to BBC. There are also several emerging networks with a more diversify programming option like (Telecentro).com.do ,(Colorvision).com.do, (Supercanal) and then you have the more traditional but less rich content broadcasting like Rahintel and Teleantillas. An evergrowing wave of UHF frequencies have also been added to the nation's networks.

Periodicals you'll find: listin.com.do, Elcaribe.com.do, Hoy.com.do
Diariolibre.com.

Of course, one has to ask, what area in media are you most interested in?. If you are geared more towards news broadcast I think cdn.com.do which is a news broadcasting network is probably something you might be interested in.

In connection, most local printed press journals have also invested interest or own some of the above mentioned TV networks by acquisition.

You would have to contact them directly and explain your interest and your background as well as ask about how they recruit. I think you'll find like most of any other job in Dominican that with the right experience (journalism) and connections you can go the extra mile.

In any event, good look with your search.

Last edited: