STI - Traveling with a 6 yr old in FEB.

Elaine Roman Santos

Mar 6, 2015
Hola everyone! My husband I will be in Santiago from for about a week in February. Are there any activities, pools, etc., where we can take our son to? Are there day passes for Amaprosan or are there other clubs we can go to for the day?
Everyone is sort of scaring us from traveling to DR due to the current "atracos" and other violent attacks. However, we haven't gone in a few years and are missing our roots. We are staying at a family's home close to Gran Almirante but are 2nd guessing it too.

Thanks in advance and would appreciate any and all information.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There ar day passes to the pool at the Gran Almirante.
There are day passes to Amaprosan also.
I do not have any information on the Gurabito Country Club out on
the Hispanoamericano road.

If your family place is located in the Jardines, you should have nothing to worry about.
I walk some dogs every morning hen it is still dark and I cross paths with several women who
are out walking around the park..

Cordially,

HB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
no day pass is needed at the pool in gran almirante if you are going to be using the bar at the pool. I see many foreigners just drink beers and use the pool for free.
AZB

Elaine Roman Santos

Mar 6, 2015
There ar day passes to the pool at the Gran Almirante.
There are day passes to Amaprosan also.
I do not have any information on the Gurabito Country Club out on
the Hispanoamericano road.

If your family place is located in the Jardines, you should have nothing to worry about.
I walk some dogs every morning hen it is still dark and I cross paths with several women who
are out walking around the park..

Cordially,

HB

Thank you so much Sir! Do you happen to know if there are any places for kids activities there?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There are plenty of day care centers that will take good care of the 6 year old...except most 6 year olds here are in first or second grade.

I would think that there children's facilites at Amaprosan and Gurabito as well as the Centro Espa?ol.

HB

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
Thank you! I just called Amaprosan and the only way to get a "day pass" has to be via an invitation through a socio. :(

Amaprosan just renovated so they're being picky about who they let in.

You can use the Gran Almirate pool, if you buy drinks at the bar.

Sunday afternoons, Kanqui has a park in the parking lot of the Bravo supermarket. There is an inflatable park behind plaza internacional that is fairly reasonably priced. There is a nice park in Villa Olga (simple, but nice to be outside). There have been a lot of fun weekend activities recently, but during the week, it's hard to find things to do with kids beucase mostly they're in school!

Don't worry about atracos or anything - just be safe and use common sense.

Elaine Roman Santos

Mar 6, 2015
Amaprosan just renovated so they're being picky about who they let in.

You can use the Gran Almirate pool, if you buy drinks at the bar.

Sunday afternoons, Kanqui has a park in the parking lot of the Bravo supermarket. There is an inflatable park behind plaza internacional that is fairly reasonably priced. There is a nice park in Villa Olga (simple, but nice to be outside). There have been a lot of fun weekend activities recently, but during the week, it's hard to find things to do with kids beucase mostly they're in school!

Don't worry about atracos or anything - just be safe and use common sense.

Thank you so much and apologies for the late reply. Just got back home and am catching up on emails. It was actually really fun out there and we had a blast. My son now wants to live there...jajaja