ocean in front of Casa Marina Beach

bombero

Jan 20, 2014
big waves.. swimable... busy end of Feb...? Trying to find a youtube video on leaving the resort , how close is busy streets with bars ... shops ... restaraunts..

markryan

Jul 16, 2014
The main strip is a 2 minute walk. The water can be very rough. I have stayed many times there and the water has been pretty rough. Its nice watching the waves crash into the rocks.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
the small beach is swimmable, they also rent stuff/ sea kayaks etc. its right in the heart of "everything"

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
big waves.. swimable... busy end of Feb...? Trying to find a youtube video on leaving the resort , how close is busy streets with bars ... shops ... restaraunts..

The "resort" is in the heart of Sosua.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Playa Sosua is less than a 5 minute walk away and a much more interesting and swimmable beach.

Exit Casa Marina, turn right on Dr. Alejo Martinez (road)....then turn right (again) at La Puntilla (3 or 4 blocks) and follow the road right to the beach.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Ca...34,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x74526a7f090cacc6

Apostropheman, when was the last time you were in Sosua?
Your directions are off a little bit, that will take you to Hotel Piergiorgio!

You need to make a left @ Calle La Puntilla, cross Pedro Clisante, and proceed to the bottom of the "beach ramp" to get to the main beach of Sosua.

Polar Bear

Jun 23, 2011
Thanks "Tamborista" but no need to be snarky!

Oops...I stand corrected. It's, of course, a LEFT at La Puntilla. No doubt the OP will do better with the map than I. :laugh: lol

Playa Sosua is less than a 5 minute walk away and a much more interesting and swimmable beach.

Exit Casa Marina, turn right on Dr. Alejo Martinez (road)....then turn LEFT at La Puntilla (3 or 4 blocks) and follow the road right to the beach.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Ca...34,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x74526a7f090cacc6

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
Swimming there varies day by day this time of year. I was swimming there a few days ago and the water was calm.
This morning I walked the beach and it was too rough to swim. There is a flag pole by the Casa Marina bar which shows flags
colored for swimming conditions. Follow it. Know if it is rough at the Casa Marina beach you are a 10 minute walk to the bay
which will be calmer.