cabarete: missing tourist

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
no info regarding his nationality.

25gzdkn.jpg

http://www.sabanetadeyasica.com/2016/01/esta-desaparecido-este-senor-en-cabarete.html
http://www.sabanetadeyasica.com/2016/01/unidad-k9-fuerza-aerea-activan-busqueda.html

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
The other poster ($100K RD reward) says he is American from West Palm Beach FL and missed his scheduled exit flight yesterday.

California

Jan 24, 2013
Warning!!! Missing!!! $ 100.000rd reward for information. Darryl Mathieu Fornatora 46 years of age, American, HEIGHT 6 Feet 4 and 210 pounds. Last seen on the 27th of January in cabarete. Anyone with information contact Sgt. Rosary of the National Police Cabarete (809) 853-9142 or dicrim of Cabarete (829) 966-5378 or leave a message on this page, thank you for your cooperation. Csidr Crime Stoppers Dominican Republic

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I don't do well on my tablet so hope this helps.

UPDATE MISSING PERSON: Darryl Mathieu Fornatora Monday 8:00AM
Darryl's friend Matthew and his wife are staking out kite beach, Claire Hodgson and New Life Church will be printing and distributing this poster. The police will be picking up the people that were last seen with Darryl, Von Reagan will also be doing the rounds in the area. We are waiting for last GPS coordinates on Darryl's cell phone. Facebook ads are running throughout the country on desktops and smartphones. If anyone wants to help you can print this poster and do the rounds in your area to ask if someone has seen Darryl, remember to explain that he is 6 foot 4 so very tall, If anyone see's Darryl you can contact me at 809-969-7700 Leon Alter

The poster is the one DV8 already posted

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Wolfdr - It is worth contacting Leon Alter at 809-969-7700 if you really do think you saw him in Luperon, since that isn't where the search is focused right now. There are more photos on FB, which I can try to get up here...

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
2mgpj7r.jpg

Here's a link to the poster for the missing tourist.

Last edited by a moderator:

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
It might help to list his INTERESTS .. so if he is one of those " Amnesia" tourists walking around, dazed and confused ,
someone can strike up a conversation up with him.. He may not remember is own name but he will still be able to discuss his interests. Also a PROFILE (side view) picture might help.. sometimes thats all you get to see when you walk past someone..

Last guy that was lost , they found him A ok.. but wandering in a complete daze.. and he was spotted how many times, like ghalf a dozen ?
.. the DR seems to be the place where this happens to people more than other places..So chances are probably very good that he is OK..

Hope he turns up safe and Sound, pronto....
B

spmc

Nov 7, 2008
100K peso reward ought to have every moto on the north coast out looking for him.

jmnorr

Nov 22, 2012
Who reported this delinquent missing? Isn't that the real story?

He is an American from Miami, he was staying in Perla Marina, saw him several times early in the week, prior to going "missing" on Wednesday.....he was coming from the beach at 7am and waved as I passed by...he was
walking with no problems and did not look "impared", he was all wet though and barefoot....I don't think I have read a posting that has indicated who reported him missing.

jmnorr

Nov 22, 2012
HELP SPREAD THE WORD, his family is very upset and if he is in some sort of " state of mind" it does make it difficult.