Rob and Delores

doug

Jan 1, 2002
I think it would be a great idea if someone who is single and planning on moving to the DR, after a vacation in "Paradise" should be sent to e-mail Jan....(one of regulars, who has recently moved to the DR)and ask and be told the "real" story about how difficult it is to move to the DR. There is a lot of people who come down for a vacation (I was one of them.......almost 20 yrs ago!)and decide they are going to move to paradise. I think Jan would be a good person with first hand knowledge about the "ups and downs" of moving to the DR. Of course Jan would have to be asked about this(I have not mentioned this to her!)I realize there is a lot of ex-pats who've done this........but Jan is probably the most recent, and things have changed since.....say Criss Colon(Criss knows everything......he's told us so....lol...just kidding Criss) or Hillbilly(Jeez I think HB is going on 30 something years old!.....LOL) have come down there..........Jan would be able to give first hand knowledge of some of the unexpected pitfalls of a move so huge to the average Joe or Jane thinking of doing this on the spurr of the moment......I'm not saying Jan did this on the spur of the moment,......but there are lots who decide to pack it up after being at a A-I for 1 week and think "when I get home, I'm gonna pack up and move down". Some may think......"go ahead let them do it and find out for themselves".......but this is what this great board is for....."to inform" and I think Jan is a great candidate for this! Jan, having done this and succeeding at it and learning all the way along! What do you think? Am I crazy for thinking of such a thing?