Good barber in Punta Cana area

Syork

Sep 5, 2004
Good afternoon all! Has anyone found a good barber in Punta Cana?

Thanks!

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I had a good guy in Bavaro but he moved and I couldn't find him. My new guy is in El Seiba and he is great. I just came back and my biggest critic liked it (my wife).
150 pesos. Even if you can't find a good guy locally the only difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is 3 days

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There is one in Bana in Punta Cana Village, my husband and son seem to think he is good. RD$500

Jan 7, 2016
I go to the guy behind the restaurant Fast Chef across from Posada de Gladys in el Cortecito. He's reasonable, 350 pesos and the cuts he gives seems to last longer than the ones I get from a barber in the U.S. for $20 US. Even with tip, there's change from a 500 peso note.

KITTU

May 13, 2015
Good afternoon all! Has anyone found a good barber in Punta Cana?

Thanks!

Hi, There is a russian lady in Plaza El dorado in Bavaro. Very good and she knows what she is doing. The name of the business is Jasmine

Rustxko

Aug 3, 2014
I was thinking the same thing. 500 is steep. I had a Dominican lady laugh at me once and tell me I got ripped off because I paid 300. She said Dominican men pay 150. I thought she was joking, but I guess not if a poster is getting a cut for that much.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
A buzz cut and a scissor cut are priced differently.

I always go to the ladies' salon..... for various reasons.

If I hear the lawn mower start (clippers).... I run.... fast

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I was thinking the same thing. 500 is steep. I had a Dominican lady laugh at me once and tell me I got ripped off because I paid 300. She said Dominican men pay 150. I thought she was joking, but I guess not if a poster is getting a cut for that much.

I'm sure that if you go to Ver?n and get a Dominican friend to ask the price it will be in the RD$200 range. In Salon Bana in the Principado de Punta Cana, however...

ddoran

Apr 23, 2006
I agree with chirimoya

The local hotel sent me to Bana and they had me ask for the lady who cuts Frank Rainieri's hair. He is the boss of the Punta Cana group.

If she cuts his hair, she is good enough for me, although at a higher price than a local haircut in Veron.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The local hotel sent me to Bana and they had me ask for the lady who cuts Frank Rainieri's hair. He is the boss of the Punta Cana group.

If she cuts his hair, she is good enough for me, although at a higher price than a local haircut in Veron.
If we're name dropping, the woman who used to cut my hair - who has since moved on - told me that every time the Devil Wears Prada lady (as she put it, i.e. Anna Wintour) came to stay with Don Oscar (RIP) she would send for her to do her hair.
There is a male barber on the Bana team but as dd says, the women also cut men's hair.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
I go to the guy behind the restaurant Fast Chef across from Posada de Gladys in el Cortecito. He's reasonable, 350 pesos and the cuts he gives seems to last longer than the ones I get from a barber in the U.S. for $20 US. Even with tip, there's change from a 500 peso note.

I have been tempted to stop in there for a few years. I'm never on the island long enough to really need to get a cut... but I think I"m going to stop in on my next trip. At home it's me and the Wahl clippers... not much left to fuss over, let alone pay $30 U.S.. haha.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I don't know why anyone would pay more than 150-200 for a mans haircut in this country. Why go to a Russian lady for a haircut here in the D.R. One thing that Dominicans do very well is hair.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I don't know why anyone would pay more than 150-200 for a mans haircut in this country. Why go to a Russian lady for a haircut here in the D.R. One thing that Dominicans do very well is hair.

I have short hair, shorter than some men and until I met my current hairdresser (Manuel Esteban 829-548-6904) I hadn't been able to find anyone that knew how to cut it without it looking like a man's cut (not even Frank Rainieri's hairdresser at Bana). Cutting hair is easy, cutting it so it doesn't look like everyone else's cut and is stylized to your head/face shape, not so much.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I found a great barber for you:

[video=youtube;CraLy1ZUlXU]x[/video]