LT .... Scotia Bank / atm ??? ... used books in english ???

Mopar man

Oct 27, 2015
HI again,

I'm back again with a couple more questions on LT.

1. My internet searching tells me there is a Scotia Bank branch in LT, down on Duarte I believe? When I first visited Sosua about 4 years ago my internet searching told me that there was a Scotia Bank in Sosua on Pedro Clisante ... even had a map location and a nice photo of the bank :) ... when I arrived in Sosua, low and behold no Scotia Bank, had been gone for a 'long time' folks told me ... lol. It took me another trip on the next year to discover there was a Scotia atm in the pharmacy next to the Metro bus station .-) .-)

So long story short, can anyone confirm the existence of a Scotia Bank or Scotia atm in LT ... I'll need to load up on loot upon arrival !!!!!!!!! :)

2. Shorter question .-) ... Can anyone tell me if, and where, I might find a used book store in LT that would have english paper backs ???

OK, that's it for now
Cheers
Dave

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
In the same complex as Scotia bank mentioned above there is a new municipal library going in, more library than book store
I think
but you'll find something to read there...

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
HI again,

I'm back again with a couple more questions on LT.

1. My internet searching tells me there is a Scotia Bank branch in LT, down on Duarte I believe? When I first visited Sosua about 4 years ago my internet searching told me that there was a Scotia Bank in Sosua on Pedro Clisante ... even had a map location and a nice photo of the bank :) ... when I arrived in Sosua, low and behold no Scotia Bank, had been gone for a 'long time' folks told me ... lol. It took me another trip on the next year to discover there was a Scotia atm in the pharmacy next to the Metro bus station .-) .-)

So long story short, can anyone confirm the existence of a Scotia Bank or Scotia atm in LT ... I'll need to load up on loot upon arrival !!!!!!!!! :)

2. Shorter question .-) ... Can anyone tell me if, and where, I might find a used book store in LT that would have english paper backs ???

OK, that's it for now
Cheers
Dave

Yes, there is a Scotia Bank but you can use any ATM with a debit card. There are a couple of ATMs in El Paseo Plaza which is down in the tourist area close to the beach. There is also a Banco Popular close to there also. I would bring a few books with me or even better, buy a kindle, and load books before you leave for LT. There is also a library in town where you can borrow books and they have a good selection of English paperback books.

Mopar man

Oct 27, 2015
Ah, perfect !!

Thank you all again for the info !!

I try to use Scotia whenever I can cause I have a Scotia account here at home in the great white north ... and if I use my Scotia card from here in a Scotia machine there I pay no fee's at either end :) ... and the frugal part of me likes that ...lol

For the last 4 years I've been averaging 5 -6 months per year in the DR, always just obtaining peso's with my Scotia card ... what I've saved in fee's would buy me that Kindle Steve .... but I'm to freaking frugal ...lol. I'll just bring a couple paper backs to star with and pick up what I can along the way ... lol

OK, thank you all again for the info ... I'll be there Thursday afternoon for some much needed sun and heat !!!!!

Cheers
Dave

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
In the same complex as Scotia bank mentioned above there is a new municipal library going in, more library than book store
I think but you'll find something to read there..

The library is sponsored by the Fundacion Mahatma Gandhi (local international school) and has a wonderful selection of books in English and Spanish- It should open mid-February and I will be a volunteer librarian two afternoons a week! :)