Suggestions from you romantic guys out there.

drgolfer

Aug 16, 2005
Ok, so I have lived on the southcoast, from Santo Domingo to Juan Dolio, in the past. To be exact, for about 10 years. I have not been there in 6 years now. Well, I am coming back and will be stationed on the southcoast for a week. What would you recommend for a romantic dining experience, lets say from east of Santo Domingo to San Pedro? Looking for somewhere in that area. Not interested in Santo Domingo establishments. Money is not an option. Secondly, where in the DR would you go for a romantic weekend? I am an american she is a dominican from the capital.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Guavaberry Resort. If the romance doesn't work out you can go golfing

drgolfer

Aug 16, 2005
LoL, thanks. I am spending my second week at Casa de Campo, and I haven't played in far too long, just might do that. Last time i was there, just after it opened, it was already on the downhill. Any better?

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Carpe Diem, a totally high-end French restaurant, is doing a wicked prix fixe for St. Valentin. But it's in Sosua.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Meant to say, money is not an issue.

You did say that in the OP, charter a 65' foot yacht and invite J.L.G. & 4.40 to serenade you while snacking on the finest imported meats & cheeses on the island.

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
Seems the OP may be barking up the wrong tree....Romance for some DR1 geezers entails a large Presidente and a DEET laced Vicks VapoRub massage....;)

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Like ricky11 says Boca Marina in Boca Chica or Neptuno in Boca Chica. There used to be another place in Boca Chica, called Aurora I think, not sure if it's still there.

I personally like Pelicano as well, but since being right next to Be Live hotel maybe not that romantic.

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Between BC and JD..

..Salitre in Guayacanes. Quiet mid week, busy weekends I assume. Almost on the water, food is good. Used to be closed one day a week, I think Thursday. The place reminds you of Pueblo Pescadores in LT before it burnt down.