Arepa King restaurant

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Great food at the new Venezuelan restaurant Arepa King in Cabarete on Rte#5 diagonal from Perla Marina entrance next to La Bombita colmado. Nice family business with delicious variety of food choices.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
sounds nice. i like venezuelan arepas. do they have pan de jamon on the menu as well?

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Quite likely. The manager said he was open to requests. You can see on their Facebook page some of their featured items & photo of their menu board.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The Venezuelans are coming, the Venezuelans are coming!!!!

We have a new arepa place across the street from the HB Hovel...

They guy who makes my fancy guayaveras--Arcadio D?az--is a Dominican who made his fortune in Venezuela and got out and set up here in
Santiago. He is called the "King of the Guayaveras" . They are so wonderful to wear...

Speaks volumes about how things are there....

Goodyear posted a huge loss in Venezuela, dragging down their net by a big chunk..

Most major companies are out of there lock, stock and barrel.

HB

May 12, 2005
The Venezuelans are coming, the Venezuelans are coming!!!!

We have a new arepa place across the street from the HB Hovel...

They guy who makes my fancy guayaveras--Arcadio D?az--is a Dominican who made his fortune in Venezuela and got out and set up here in
Santiago. He is called the "King of the Guayaveras" . They are so wonderful to wear...

Speaks volumes about how things are there....

Goodyear posted a huge loss in Venezuela, dragging down their net by a big chunk..

Most major companies are out of there lock, stock and barrel.

HB

It would be nice if they all relocated to RD.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there are lots of them here already. hopefully they will bring some good stuff with them.

Aug 6, 2006
Rich Venezuelans are driving up the prices of condos and other real estate in Miami.

A good thing if one is selling, but it makes it difficult for those who are buying their first home.

Arepas seem to vary a lot. I have had some great ones, and others that were more like soggy popcorn.
Given a choice, I will have the quipes.