german tourist murdered on the malecon in POP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I?m sure the police will have the suspects in custody by this time tomorrow.

spmc

Nov 7, 2008
The slaughter of expats aside, it particularly nasty to be killing tourists in broad daylight. Hopefully, this will get media attention back in Germany.

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
killed him in front of his wife for a gold necklace. I hope they just execute the killers when they find them then hang them up on a fence like coyotes as a warning to others

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
a bit more details here: http://notiplata.com/5361-2/
the guy was in POP as a part of city excursion. after shooting he was taken to the hospital on the back on the pickup (which can be seen in DdR video). the article notes that in 2016 a total of 130 attacks were registered in POP. it also mentions that vice minister of tourism said that the safety of tourists in POP was guaranteed.

just yesterday i read an article that local ambulance service in POP , rescate ambar, is asking danilo for two new ambulances to improve their services: http://noticiaspop.com.do/rescate-a...erno-dicen-las-que-tienen-estan-deterioradas/
there should also be an ambulance in bomberos...

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
we do not walk the streets much in POP too many druggies and robbers. Also we are always aware who is around us.

fifilein

Mar 24, 2011
Safety in POP my ass. On the Malecon in bright daylight, shiiit.

I was mugged two times when I was jogging from the Malecon to Playa Dorada (nomans-land between). Only thing I did was keep up my hands and let them take whatever they wanted. POP is a tough crowd.

Starts to freak me a out a bit and I don't even wear my good t-shirts.

BelgianMik

Jul 9, 2015
it depends. I'm spending the last 3 years of my live on the malecon and a lot of my customers also. and me amd my customers never been robbed. but we are on the other side of the malecon.
this side (side of tamtam, barcos, etc) had a lot of troubles. the side of long beach (where I am) doesn't have that the last few months/years. I don't know why

Status
Not open for further replies.