What's the best coffee? Are textiles/wall hangings available?

RandR

Jan 24, 2002
Have read some archives and apparently coffee isn't as popular in the DR as in the US. Can I get a recommendation on local coffee? Also, what is locally available as far as home decor, RE: wall hangings, tablecloths, etc. Thanks

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
What archives have you been reading?

Everyone loves coffee here! It is all good! I think you should buy the beans,and grind them when you get back home.Buy Cafe Santo Domingo,"En Grano"(Beans) As for the "Art" forget about that. Criss Colon

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I think coffee is very popular, just not all the foo-foo coffes that are now popular (and expensive) here in the states.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Theres a little place outside Mercado Modelo

Where i buy mine, I also buy whole bean and grind it when I get home to insure maximum freshness. Enjoy your coffee.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Wall hangings, etc.

To know whether I can offer any suggestions on obtaining wall hangings, I need to know where you are or will be in the DR.

RandR

Jan 24, 2002
We're going to Samana area...

specifically Las Terrenas. Leaving in the a.m., cannot wait, but am confused by all the 'soveneir' references in archives. They're mentioned, but not what is available. Thank you all for the coffee replies!

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
In Las Terrenas...

...local coffee is sold in the supermarkets. There are also places where they grow, roast and sell coffee from their own trees. Usually these are restaurants on the side of the road, Good luck hunting