monte cristi to barahona

lincka

Feb 14, 2016
We live in Monte Cristi and and thinking of driving down to Barahona ... typical route suggests going through santiago, la vega and then down but is there a decent, more direct route through Dajabon and then south. Mostly wondering how the highways/roads are south of Dajabon.

pgolivares

Apr 9, 2010
We live in Monte Cristi and and thinking of driving down to Barahona ... typical route suggests going through santiago, la vega and then down but is there a decent, more direct route through Dajabon and then south. Mostly wondering how the highways/roads are south of Dajabon.

I was hoping that by now someone would had provided an answer that the above question one way or the other so that I could learn a bit more about the crisscrossing road structure of the country and possibly another legacy of the Trujillo era.

But the fact this question has been unanswered (not even a comment) for 2 days now is letting me, the conspiracy believer, to wonder if this is an Area 51-like zone. Is this another area of the country with high valued mineralswhere international mining companies have sealed the area (a la pueblo viejo) or is this the home to a nice villa with private gardens and alien space ship landing capabilities where no one is allowed to drive by (a la casa de campo).

I'm almost sure Trujillo built a road on that part of the country but I have not traveled thru the deep south or west in this case.

pgolivares

Apr 9, 2010

I was hoping that by now someone would had provided an answer that the above question one way or the other so that I could learn a bit more about the crisscrossing road structure of the country and possibly another legacy of the Trujillo era.

But the fact this question has been unanswered (not even a comment) for 2 days now is letting me, the conspiracy believer, to wonder if this is an Area 51-like zone. Is this another area of the country with high valued mineralswhere international mining companies have sealed the area (a la pueblo viejo) or is this the home to a nice villa with private gardens and alien space ship landing capabilities where no one is allowed to drive by (a la casa de campo).

I'm almost sure Trujillo built a road on that part of the country but I have not traveled thru the deep south or west in this case.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Err just answered it for you. Expect more security than before given the current situation but it looks doable.

Matilda

pgolivares

Apr 9, 2010
Err just answered it for you. Expect more security than before given the current situation but it looks doable.

Matilda

Thank you Matilda. Nice NYT article. I too wish/hope could it some day. My best man is from Pedernales. He tells me that that is a different country out there and another one of my buddies in the US goes on a yearly softball tournament to monte cristo. Two towns and now a road that I really hope to visit and cross one day.