Status
Not open for further replies.

jenniferwiser178

Feb 15, 2016
Hey so I'm new to here and just needs some advice since all my so called friends keep putting me down on my discussions. I met a guy who's from dr we talk all the time he wants me to go down to dr but everyone tells me he's married and using me for money and all other bs. I'm a gringo that's attracted to boricuas y Dominican only but domis have caught my eye especially my guy. I've noticed every one going against what we have is Puerto Rican but I do have trust issues and it's getting to me. I want to go to dr by next month, spending extra money to get my passport quicker I want to be with him more than anything in this world it's just what everybody says to me is getting to me he's never asked me for money or anything like that. I'm nervous because I've never traveled before alone I don't want to go all the way there and have him not meet me at the airport or he's married (as my friend says) I want to do this so so bad and I do not want to listen to what everybody may say about Dominicans because there is bad in every race. Sorry for the long paragraph I just needed to vent somewhere nobody will be judge mental please no mean comments I know what my heart wants I just need reassurance
Thank you so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Welcome, Do these people who asy he is married know him? Probably not, they may well be giving clues to their own personality. Welcome to the forum and you jumped right into the deep end, you are gonna get dunked pretty hard babe, and you will be wiser.

gibbs

May 31, 2005
Bienvenidos.....ahhhhh the heart is treacherous and who can know it.. Please be careful and have a backup. Derfish has a lot of experience and I think he is right.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Sorry for the long paragraph I just needed to vent somewhere nobody will be judge mental please no mean comments I know what my heart wants I just need reassurance
Thank you so much

SIGH... it's comforting to know I can be away from the site for a while, come back months later, and see nothing has changed.

Can we put the show on pause while I go get some popcorn and a Presidente????

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I wish I could just block u Glenn there is no reason to reply at all

Lighten up Francis!

If your come strolling into The Monkey House, you better bring bananas and have thick skin.

Practice safe sex, he will have a wife that you will not know about, and another Western Union supporter.
So enjoy the ride!

tio tambo'

***NOTE TO on duty thread officer, get ready to move this thread to Pluto Area.

jenniferwiser178

Feb 15, 2016
I'm assuming all the ass hole comments are from bitter crackers so suck it damn y'all judgemental pricks

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Charlie-Rangel-Cracker-Tea-Party.png

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Hey so I'm new to here and just needs some advice since all my so called friends keep putting me down on my discussions. I met a guy who's from dr we talk all the time he wants me to go down to dr but everyone tells me he's married and using me for money and all other bs. I'm a gringo that's attracted to boricuas y Dominican only but domis have caught my eye especially my guy. I've noticed every one going against what we have is Puerto Rican but I do have trust issues and it's getting to me. I want to go to dr by next month, spending extra money to get my passport quicker I want to be with him more than anything in this world it's just what everybody says to me is getting to me he's never asked me for money or anything like that. I'm nervous because I've never traveled before alone I don't want to go all the way there and have him not meet me at the airport or he's married (as my friend says) I want to do this so so bad and I do not want to listen to what everybody may say about Dominicans because there is bad in every race. Sorry for the long paragraph I just needed to vent somewhere nobody will be judge mental please no mean comments I know what my heart wants I just need reassurance
Thank you so much

Wrong place for reassurance. You sound very young as well.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Thank you so much

I have had a few relationships with DR women during the six years I have been wintering here. The woman are beautiful and charming but relationships with them can carry serious responsibilities. You are expected to take care of them and any family members in need. Fidelity is not always a part of the relationship, and your a foreigner, so the laws protect them and not you. I expect the same perils are true of relationships with DR men. Nothing is as it seems here. Truth is often the first victim here. Please be careful and commit to nothing until you really get to know this person. Another commenter gave you good advice. Come down, stay at a resort for a week or two and see what happens. If it fails you can leave with your dignity and wallet intact.

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
Generally speaking, fidelity is an uncommon term and frequently family are part of the charade (as they will reap the benefits of your largess).
Many of the guys are Pros (aka sankies)....Think about this....Any decent looking Dominican guy with a good job can have his pick from many beautiful local girls....Why you?
Keep an open mind and closed heart until you have time to evaluate the situation closely over time.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Generally speaking, fidelity is an uncommon term and frequently family are part of the charade (as they will reap the benefits of your largess). Think about this....Any decent looking Dominican guy with a good job can have his pick from many beautiful local girls....Why you? Keep an open mind and closed heart until you have time to evaluate the situation closely over time.
Jennifer, he is right. I've been here for a year. You are flying into dangerous territory. Book yourself into a resort. Keep your eyes and ears open, your heart and wallet closed. Don't take anything at face value. Look at everything he says and does with a skeptical mind. And learn spanish. Understanding spanish will let you in on a lot of things they do not want you to hear or know. But keep your spanish knowledge to yourself initially. May the force be with you young padawan. You are about to confront the dark side of the force. The dark side of the force, very powerful it is.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Welcome to DR1!

I'd definitely do the resort thing, which gives you flexibility and protection, in case you don't like the way things work out?

Have you met this guy in person, or solely via phone/internet/whatever? I'd tread carefully, and take my time. Neither he nor the island are going anywhere.

Go down, stay at a resort or at least hotel. Have fun, be safe in all things (meaning bring your own protection), and see where it goes from there. I'd proceed with my (big) head more than my heart at this stage, tho.

KyleMackey

Bronze
Apr 20, 2015
Thank you so much

How did you meet guy? How many dates so far?

I don't get the cracker statement? Many Gringo people here just might be with or married to a Dominican.

Rule 1, if you and him are walking down the street would people say "ah what a good looking couple" or
would they say "what is that handsome guy doing with that average girl? If you are all horny for him
because he is a hottie and you are not, he wants money or a visa, probably so even if you are a hottie.

Where are you planning to stay? A good hotel or resort I would hope. Book a nice hotel or resort, and you can go out
on dates with the guy. Bring a GF if you can.

Exceptions to everything. A DR girl I know, her brother married a girl from the USA, Master Degree from a PAC 12 school.
They seem to be doing well living in the USA, have a kid, both work.

Apr 7, 2014
Thank you so much

take every ding dang word you hear and that they say with a grain of salt. In fact, give everything they do and say the Gas Face until proven otherwise, 4 degrees down the line 2 years later. These people are wack con-men but they are good enough to lead you to the water with ambiguity and let your own misplaced trust do the rest.

In fact before you come there is a Little Caesar pizza commercial you should watch over and over until its humor is lost on you. And then in every interaction or situation you may encounter refer to these fictional "No Men" in your mind.

[video=youtube;Fpg2bjQBXo8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpg2bjQBXo8[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.