Running a Hotel

alex2812

Jan 31, 2002
I am a business person from the US that frequents the DR often and have run across a hotel I may be interested in purchasing. I am in the process of putting together a business plan. I am running into road blocks on the cost of running such an establishment in the DR. Such costs as food, electricity, hotel/restuarant supplies, the cost to employee people... If anyone has information that will assist me or know where I can find this information out, it would be greatly appreciated.

You never know, it might me a free vacation if everything works out.

Regards

frederic

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
That was quick !!!

I was going to suggest you contact my brother, who is an excellent professional and very knowledgeable in these fields, but I see he already contacted you.

That was quick !!!!

eliana

Feb 6, 2002
running a hotel

there are several things to keep in mind when running or preparing to run a hotel in the dominican republic, consideration must be given to dealing with local authorities,government b odies,regulators etc. I have run several small to medium operations in the island and could provide you with some insight pls contact me at elianatio@hotmail.com it will be my pleasure

alex2812

Jan 31, 2002
I will contact you

Zade,

thank you for your response, and thank you brother. I will be contacting you via e-mail in the near future.

Regards,
Derick (aka Alex)