Options for traveling from Jarabacoa to Las Americas Airport (Santo Domingo)

bennymack

Apr 12, 2006
I have a trip coming and the fare from Las Americas is much better than Santiago. I've never flown out of or into Las Americas. So I'm researching my options. Here is what I have learned so far:

1. Hire transportation in Jarabacoa - 6000 ps per trip, Door to airport service.

2. Caribe Tours - 540 ps round trip/person, Great option if you can fit with the bus schedule. More bus options of you leave from La Vega
Taxi from Caribe Tours station to Airport - 1200 ps one way. (2400 ps round trip), Apolo Taxi - 809 537-0000

3. Drive and Park at Airport - 960 ps per day, expensive and will my car be secure?

Questions -
Is parking at Airport secure? We will be gone for about a week.
Are there any safe places (possibly a hotel) to park my car in Santo Domingo and take a shuttle or taxi to the airport? I ask because our return flight will not make the last Caribe Tour bus.

Thanks.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I have a trip coming and the fare from Las Americas is much better than Santiago. I've never flown out of or into Las Americas. So I'm researching my options. Here is what I have learned so far:

1. Hire transportation in Jarabacoa - 6000 ps per trip, Door to airport service.

2. Caribe Tours - 540 ps round trip/person, Great option if you can fit with the bus schedule. More bus options of you leave from La Vega
Taxi from Caribe Tours station to Airport - 1200 ps one way. (2400 ps round trip), Apolo Taxi - 809 537-0000

3. Drive and Park at Airport - 960 ps per day, expensive and will my car be secure?

Questions -
Are there any safe places (possibly a hotel) to park my car in Santo Domingo and take a shuttle or taxi to the airport? I ask because our return flight will not make the last Caribe Tour bus.

Thanks.

I did the SD departure one time (from Puerto Plata) because I was using flyer miles. However, on the return, I managed to get a decent flight direct to Puerto Plata. Did you investigate the possibility of departing from SD and returning to Santiago?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

Questions -

Thanks.

I have left my car at SDQ and had no problems when I returned to pick it up but at almost $20 a day you are probably better off to hire someone to bring you to the airport and pick you up. Yes it cost more but than you don't have to worry about you car sitting in the parking lot, especially if it is a nice vehicle. There is a Quality Inn right off the highway about 15 minutes before you get to the airport (coming from Santo Domingo) I don't know if they would allow you to leave your car there. It would probably still cost you $20usd to take a taxi from there. Next time book your flight for easy access and not necessarily where you can find the cheapest fare. You wil pay for the difference one way or the other. Good luck and good travels.

bennymack

Apr 12, 2006
Thank you for the reply.

We do usually fly in and out of Santiago. I'm saving quite a bit to fly out of Santo Domingo. And I'm returning to Santiago, as La Profe_1 suggested.

We decided to use Caribe Tours and a taxi. We have an afternoon flight, so we have the time.

Thanks again.