OK Here Goes - Looking for gay hotels in Santo Domingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

soul man

Jan 31, 2002
Can anyone recommend a gay/gay friendly hotel in Santo Domingo. I'll be there in March and would like to scout a suitable place for my buddies and I to hang out at later in June. Would prefer something near the action.

And - all you homophobes...please...NO HATING!!

THanks Much

Ant

Feb 1, 2002
Gay Hotels in Santo Domingo

I would not stay at the Wellington if they paid me. Unsavory. It used to be a decent place, but it has steadily gone down hill. I would recommend the Hotel Mecure Comercial (809-688-5500), which is located in the Colonial Zone on El Conde. It is Gay friendly with discretion and offers a great rates, perfect location in a European-styled hotel.

Another hotel in Santo Domingo is the Hotel Delta (http://www.hoteldelta.com.do/), located near Mirador Sur Park. They also are Gay friendly, offer good service and rates.

In Boca Chica I would recommend the Costalunga (www.costalunga.net), which is located about 3 blocks from the beach. Nice owner, accomodations, rates and service.

In the north you have Amigos Resorts (www.amigosresorts.com), which is the first all-inclusive resort in the Dominican Republic. There is another hotel in the north called El Club Paraiso (http://www.elclubparaisocaliente.freeservers.com/). These 2 properties have opened recently and I have not been there as of yet. Hope this helps.

Ant

soul man

Jan 31, 2002
Thanks guys. I'm certain I'll be able to select one of the suggested hotels.

ANt - you're a knowledgable guy. Any suggestions re. accommodations/villas in Punta Cana that are not all-inclusive.

I've looked - but not a thing.
thanks again.

Happy Travels!

Ant

Feb 1, 2002
Gay-friendly hotels in Santo Domingo

I don't know of any hotels in Punta Cana, per se. But, I will check around. Also, In my previous post I meant to say that AmigosResorts was the first Gay all-inclusive resort in the DR, not the first all-inclusive resort.

I have never had a problem traveling in the DR. I think as long as you are discreet you will be welcomed in any hotel. If you try and bring a local home you might encounter a problem, as most hotels don't allow guests. This is a general rule applied to all tourists, not just Gays.

soul man

Jan 31, 2002
Thanks Ant

I like to visit Punta Cana/Boca Chica/ Sto. Dom when in the DR.....and really, really tire of the all-inclusive routine.

I plan on visiting Samana one of these days & will be sure to check out Amigos Resort then.
A few years ago I rented a villa on Cofresi beach outside of Puerto Plata...my opinion is that the North coast pales compared to the exciting and gorgeous South & East coasts. Just one man's humble opinion :)

Peace

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
As of now, there is only one gay hotel in DR and in Santo Domingo: the ADAM SUITES HOTEL in the colonial zone. Great place to be! Check us online.

Why open a thread almost 11 years old? You also need to advertise on DR1.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Can't you erase his advertsing posts?

Nope. My forums are Mar/Venus, Sankie 101, and Living.

All moderators can ban anyone but are restricted to delete only in our forums.

Lately, because of the Asian spammers, we were told to only report spam. I decided to ban this Adam guy for failure to adhere to my warning. :)

GinzaGringo

Sep 29, 2010
Can't you erase his advertsing posts?

ADAMSUITESHOTEL is responding to someone else's post, so it does not seem like he is really advertising, per se. He is promoting a hotel, which he seems to be the owner or manager, or something, of. But I see people promoting hotels on this site every day.

Now, there does exist the possibility that he was the OP, in disguise, using this whole post as a ruse, to advertise. But that does not appear to be the case.

Do you guys see it differently?

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
ADAMSUITESHOTEL is responding to someone else's post, so it does not seem like he is really advertising, per se. He is promoting a hotel, which he seems to be the owner or manager, or something, of. But I see people promoting hotels on this site every day.

Now, there does exist the possibility that he was the OP, in disguise, using this whole post as a ruse, to advertise. But that does not appear to be the case.

Only third party referrals are allowed. Not owners. They need to advertise.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
*** is responding to someone else's post, so it does not seem like he is really advertising, per se. He is promoting a hotel, which he seems to be the owner or manager, or something, of. But I see people promoting hotels on this site every day.

My 2 cents:
1. He's answering a thread almost 11 years old
2. He spammed the same message on 3 different threads.
3. 1+2=Spammer

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
So,now, if a "Gay Guy" wants a "BJ", where should they go????
CCCCCCCCCCC
Lets ask chip, he probably has them being watched, for "Pedophile Priests"?????????????????????
Only problem with that, is that "GAY MEN", are looking for other "Gay Men", NOT CHILDREN!!!
Check the CHURCH for Pedophiles!

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
So,now, if a "Gay Guy" wants a "BJ", where should they go????
CCCCCCCCCCC
Lets ask chip, he probably has them being watched, for "Pedophile Priests"?????????????????????
Only problem with that, is that "GAY MEN", are looking for other "Gay Men", NOT CHILDREN!!!
Check the CHURCH for Pedophiles!

CC maybe better to leave Chippie alone, he was bullied as a kid for resembling gay. It might upset him again but I'm sure he'll say at least 3 Hail Mary's in your name. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.