american dies during excursion in bavaro

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Are you sh!tting me???? They arrest the guys who tried to save some 58 year old guy having a heart attack. Another reason to walk away from anyone in distress. Ignorant is to polite a word to describe this. The DR wants to be recognized as a Pichardo utopia but try to save a life and get locked up. Total a$$es.........

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
The men who were with the deceased man have been detained by the police during the investigations by the police..They have not been arrested. This is normal practice here and the detention may be overnight or only for a matter of hours while they question the others individually and see if there are variations in their accounts. I do not see this as sound policing and I am sure the family of the deceased man would be glad to know that there was a full investigation into the circumstances of the death.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Sounds like a Cocaine overdose, possibly?.. Although it happened at the Jelly Fish Beach. Cocaine is RAMPANT all over Bavaro now, its like Miami was in the 80's...

not good. once the locals start using that stuff, it will be curtains for the area.

Jan 7, 2016
Sounds like a Cocaine overdose, possibly?.. Although it happened at the Jelly Fish Beach. Cocaine is RAMPANT all over Bavaro now, its like Miami was in the 80's...

Guess I don't hang-out at the "happening places" in Bavaro...lived here over 5 years and never been approached to buy any illicit substances, including Cocaine.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Murky incidents

The men who were with the deceased man have been detained by the police during the investigations by the police..They have not been arrested. This is normal practice here and the detention may be overnight or only for a matter of hours while they question the others individually and see if there are variations in their accounts. I do not see this as sound policing and I am sure the family of the deceased man would be glad to know that there was a full investigation into the circumstances of the death.

PJT can somewhat agree with this above reckoning. The behavior of reporting of any murky incident in the tourist zone is vague by design and/or lack of the reporting party obtaining the details. There is important information not made public about this tragic happening. The police detaining the actors is because they may have reason to question what were the motions of all parties that lead up to the death.

Regards,

PJT

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Salt on the wounds.

Respectfully, suggest you don't speculate on something for which we do not have information. You are adding salt to the emotional wounds of the deceased family and survivors.

Regards,

PJT

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
stages of drowning:
HYPOXIC CONVULSION – Due to the lack of oxygen in the brain, the victim may look as if he/she is having a convulsion, which is why this stage is called the hypoxic convulsion stage. The victim’s skin turns blue, especially in the lips and fingernail beds, and the body may appear rigid. There may be violent jerking of the body and frothing (foaming saliva).
this means he was in trouble for a while, and it went unnoticed. i'm always told that the process of drowning can be difficult to recognize for untrained eye: there is no splashing about, really, no sounds.
sad story. RIP.