Vape cigs confiscated at airport

drSooz

Nov 2, 2014
Hi,
Someone told me that they are taking away our vapes at the PP airport. Any truth to this? Also, has the departure tax gong up again since last year? Eg: 30-90 days was RD 2500 pesos last year.

Thanks!!

cndeh

Jul 23, 2012
Hi,
Someone told me that they are taking away our vapes at the PP airport. Any truth to this? Also, has the departure tax gong up again since last year? Eg: 30-90 days was RD 2500 pesos last year.

Thanks!!

I saw a guy get his taken away in front of me two weeks ago at the PP airport. It wasn't the little e-cig, it was the bigger vape pipe style. Man was that guy ****ed. All depends what agent you get, one agent let my light go through the time before and on that day they took my lighter away. I went down to the smoking lounge and there were 4 other smokers there that didn't get their lighters taken along with 3 that had and there was one guy with an e-cig that made it through.

Luck of the draw, pack it if ya don't want to lose it....

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
A lot depends what you where vaping in it prior to coming here. If it smells like a big electric joint kiss it goodbye.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Hi,
Also, has the departure tax gong up again since last year? Eg: 30-90 days was RD 2500 pesos last year.

Thanks!!

The departure tax is $20.00 US right now and it is included in most airline tickets, unless you are flying a Canadian charter.

The $2,500 pesos charge is an overstay fee that is paid at departure. Mixing up terminology is confusing to newbies who might be reading this!

drSooz

Nov 2, 2014
Yes, I thought I clarified that with the 30 to 90 days. Still wondering if it had gone up again. :)

drSooz

Nov 2, 2014
I saw a guy get his taken away in front of me two weeks ago at the PP airport. It wasn't the little e-cig, it was the bigger vape pipe style. Man was that guy ****ed. All depends what agent you get, one agent let my light go through the time before and on that day they took my lighter away. I went down to the smoking lounge and there were 4 other smokers there that didn't get their lighters taken along with 3 that had and there was one guy with an e-cig that made it through.

Luck of the draw, pack it if ya don't want to lose it....

They have a smoking lounge in PP airport?? Where??