Regularization program

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012
Can anyone direct me to the thread about this program? I searched legal and living no help. I got the card but dont understand whats next. Snide comments need not answer im serious.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there are numerous threads about this but i think this is kinda most useful one:
http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php/139285-New-Decree-for-All-Foreigners
it's very long, i know.

what to do next depends on what you have. a friend has a neat stamp in the passport and basically have two years to complete regular residency process (without the residency visa part). so gather the papers, submit to immigration, pay fees, that kind of stuff.

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
This was a hot topic but now that the over stay fee is still in place as cccccc said along it has died off.
it dous not have the same effects as befor for the fear mongers.
It doesn't surprise me that there is still no news about what to do next. Last time I was in the office the people there didn't know anything either.
Go figure.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The "program" served it's purpose,to make the Dominican people THINK their government was doing SOMETHING about the "Haitian Problem" here in the DR.
When the program went "VIRAL" the international community came down HARD on the DR government.
They "caved", nothing new there, and not much happened, and it's now dropped!!
"WRONG AGAIN PICHARDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

potus

Dec 27, 2015
The "program" served it's purpose,to make the Dominican people THINK their government was doing SOMETHING about the "Haitian Problem" here in the DR.
When the program went "VIRAL" the international community came down HARD on the DR government.
They "caved", nothing new there, and not much happened, and it's now dropped!!
"WRONG AGAIN PICHARDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Are you saying that eventhough I wasted a few nights and days and quite a bit of money obtaining this 2 year Visa I still have to pay the "Overstay" fee when leaving?

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
there are numerous threads about this but i think this is kinda most useful one:
http://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php/139285-New-Decree-for-All-Foreigners
it's very long, i know.

what to do next depends on what you have. a friend has a neat stamp in the passport and basically have two years to complete regular residency process (without the residency visa part). so gather the papers, submit to immigration, pay fees, that kind of stuff.

DV8, mayhaps you can help me here. I was gone for 4 months and recently told that while i was in Tennessee that there was posted a list here on DR1 about people who had started the process receiving a stamp and was told my name was on that list. Do you know if it is too late to get my stamp,and where to go for it?
Thanks
Der Fish

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Are you saying that eventhough I wasted a few nights and days and quite a bit of money obtaining this 2 year Visa I still have to pay the "Overstay" fee when leaving?

I?m curious. What country are you coming from which requires a 2 year visa to stay in the DR?

potus

Dec 27, 2015
I am from Europe.....EU Member....Everyone I saw got the same thing. A cardnet is the same, but only for those who do not have a passport. The folks with a passport got a Visa stamped in it....The End Product of the Regulazation Program.......That is what it was all about.......Talks are that it might be converted later on.....who knows.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
DV8, mayhaps you can help me here. I was gone for 4 months and recently told that while i was in Tennessee that there was posted a list here on DR1 about people who had started the process receiving a stamp and was told my name was on that list. Do you know if it is too late to get my stamp,and where to go for it?
Thanks
Der Fish

check if your name is there: http://mip.gob.do/index.php/documentos-pnre
i would go directly to the place where you applied in POP, next to the police. there is a chance they may still be issuing them - don't know. but for sure they will tell you more. and move ya butt, they started giving the carnets in the summer last year...

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
To check if your name is on the list http://mip.gob.do/index.php/consulta-regularizacon if yes you must visit the "Edificio de Oficinas Gubernamentales Juan Pablo Duarte" (Huacal), since the provincial centre are closed.

Thanks
Der Fish

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
Surely not, but no one know what is happening when the 2 year stamp expire, actually nothing is explained at Direcci?n General de Migraci?n for this case.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
check if your name is there: http://mip.gob.do/index.php/documentos-pnre
i would go directly to the place where you applied in POP, next to the police. there is a chance they may still be issuing them - don't know. but for sure they will tell you more. and move ya butt, they started giving the carnets in the summer last year...

Thanks. Cannot find my name on any of these lists. Will go manana to where I filled out the paperwork with my new passport and a copy of the old one as well as the paperwork I filled out there last Feb or March.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Surely not, but no one know what is happening when the 2 year stamp expire, actually nothing is explained at Direcci?n General de Migraci?n for this case.

The 2 year stamp is to give you time to become a legal resident going through the same process that others qualify to become legal residents with one notable exception. You do not have to return to your home country to start the process. You can do it all here in the DR.

But you do have to qualify on all of the other requirements. Most people, the vast majority in the regularization program, will not qualify to become legal residents and will become illegal when those stamps expire.

This was all part of the plan.

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
article 40 stipulate "Art?culo 40.- Renovaci?n o cambio de categor?a. Todo extranjero que
adquiera un estatus migratorio de conformidad con el presente plan y que
est? sujeto a renovaci?n o a cambio de categor?a, deber? proceder de
conformidad con la normativa sobre la materia."

The problem is that in the migracion law there is nothing relating to the PNRE case.

My opinion

The 2 year stamp is to give you time to become a legal resident going through the same process that others qualify to become legal residents with one notable exception. You do not have to return to your home country to start the process. You can do it all here in the DR.

But you do have to qualify on all of the other requirements. Most people, the vast majority in the regularization program, will not qualify to become legal residents and will become illegal when those stamps expire.

This was all part of the plan.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
article 40 stipulate "Art?culo 40.- Renovaci?n o cambio de categor?a. Todo extranjero que
adquiera un estatus migratorio de conformidad con el presente plan y que
est? sujeto a renovaci?n o a cambio de categor?a, deber? proceder de
conformidad con la normativa sobre la materia."

The problem is that in the migracion law there is nothing relating to the PNRE case.

My opinion

I read that as the "change of status" is becoming a resident. Of course the government could decide to "renew" the stamps. I see no reason they would renew those stamps. The entire reason for those stamps was to take the heat off the immigration issue for a couple of years, and then when virtually everyone with a stamp becomes illegal, they can be deported at will.