Playa Dorada Golf Caddy Fee

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
Coming off the 18th I'm told by a caddy the "Caddy Fee" for 18 holes is now $18, no problem I say and hand him $1000 Rd.

He looks at it and say's "Is that it? Just 200 pesos for me"?

Confused I say "What do you mean, I gave you 1000".

He then explains the caddy fee is 800 pesos that goes to a caddy association/fund for caddies that aren't used, who sit in the shack all day doing NOTHING. His tip constitutes the money above the initial 800 pesos.

Look, I'm not being mean or stingy but it's the best part of $100 USD for a non resident or non member to play 18 holes with a cart in the first place.

Surely a caddie earns his reputation and wouldn't caddy for 3 1/2 hours to earn money for the non-workers?

Incredible!

MOC1

Oct 22, 2002
Last time I was there you paid the caddie fee at the caddie shack before you tee off. Anything after that is just the tip. I don't play there anymore due to the bull**** and the prices, and there's another 10 or 15 people like me that would play once a week through the winter if they were reasonable.

Ron Anjero

Aug 8, 2013
Oh - oh wait a minute ..... OK I am in the Dominican Republic !!! Just thank god that I didn't take a taxi !!!

Markhill

Nov 24, 2012
Your suppose to pay the caddie mafia 800 pesos right at the caddie shack at the first tee. When I was down at Christmas I was talking to one resident and he said they never pay the caddie master, just tip the caddie. I usually tip the caddie 1000 pesos after the round. When I play at metro and Guavenberry down in Jaun Dolio, the caddie fee is $20us and no caddie master fee. Playa Dorado does accept the fedogolf card. They wonder why they don't have much play. By the time you add the regular green fee, caddie mafia, caddie tip, cart(optional), cervezas (not optional). It adds up to play a course that has only been in fair condition, when I have played there.