Coming to Boca Chica

Dianna

Feb 1, 2002
Hi all. My friend and I are staying at the Coral Hamaca in April and I wanted to know how the nightlife was at the Hotel and in Boca Chica.

Diana

Jan 1, 2002
If you're going to Boca Chica you should definitely check out this website, www.bocachicabeach.net, it will give you everything you wanted to know about BC. As for the nightlife in Coral Hamaca (Las Olas Disco) it's pretty good, it's probably in my opinion the best, cleanest and most fun discos in BC. I found it most happening on a Friday and Saturday night, more people (from off the resort) coming in. But do get out and check out the town, it's fun walking around and listening to the music, grab a drink at one of the cafes and people watch. Ohhh I'm so jealous now, though I am hoping to get away for March/April as well, but nothing confirmed yet :(

Dianna

Feb 1, 2002
Thanks for the info. I will check out the website. I have read some pretty interesting stories on this board. I have heard that Dominicans are the nicest people and hope to make some new friends on the trip. We are going for three weeks and want to see as much of the island as we can. If you don't get to take a trip I will make sure to have a couple of Banana Mamas for you.

doug

Jan 1, 2002
Hi Dianna

The previuos post could not be more correct.....that web-site is fabulous. It's owned by one of the regulars on this here fourm! Jim Hinsch is the owner! If you want to know anything in particular about the town e-mail me, as my wife and myself, have been there lots(my wife about 12 or so times and myself about 30 times...Jim's been there 100's of times!!!!)E-mail me and I can tell you probably most of the questions you need to know....ie:prices of different things and so on.....)Obviously we love the place....but a lot of the people here think it is the armpit of the world....lol..The beach is a great beach and the nightlife is very good as well(but as you may find out....to each thier own!)The proximity to the Capital makes it enticeing as well! The airport(unless your flying in to La Romana....La Rom. is about 1 hour away)Santo Domingo airport ....is about 10 minutes from your Hotel....actually closer to your Hotel than Santo Domingo is! So if you wish...I would be more than happy to help out if I can.......Hope to talk to you soon! If not, Have Fun! and let us know what you thought of your vacation!!!
Take Care......Lisa & Doug

Dianna

Feb 1, 2002
Hi Doug.

We are flying into Santo Domingo so its sounds pretty close. My friend and i are pretty adventurous and easygoing and I can't believe it is the "armpit of the world". I personally think a vacation is what you make of it and we plan on having as much fun as we can. We don't want to be stuck at the hotel the entire time we are there so hopefully we can find someone who can show us the real DR. All I know is April is too far away for me after shovelling snow for 2 hours last night.

Michael

Jan 25, 2002
I am going in 13 days and agree with you a vacation is what you make out of it. Please feel free to e-mail me with any questions. I plan on going all over D.R. Michael

doug

Jan 1, 2002
Dianna

I have a really good friend down there....who would be more than happy to show you around. He's 25 and I've known him for about 15 or so years. He speaks fluent english and is a real good guy. My wife and her girlfriends when down there use him to go shopping in the Capital....because he knows all the spots. E-mail me and if you want I'll give you his number!