Tourist Card Website

FloridaMike

May 6, 2012
I wanted to find out if anybody has encountered issues purchasing a tourist card via the website. I am specifically interested to
know if I should be concerned about using my credit card on the site.

Jan 9, 2004
I wanted to find out if anybody has encountered issues purchasing a tourist card via the website. I am specifically interested to
know if I should be concerned about using my credit card on the site.

Echoing the experiences of drSix, I have used it multiple times, the most recent two days ago....and no issues.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Hector L

Jun 11, 2010
I also have used it several times. It does save time and never a problem with my credit card.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Having used it before, I got a bright idea. Since its sent to your e-mail address, and you print it prior to departure, why not use the same one for subsequent visits?? They never look at the date....

Bred

Bronze
Aug 13, 2006
Sosua
May be mods should move this thread to another forum? Why North Coast? "Travel Questions" would be more appropriate.

Jan 9, 2004
Having used it before, I got a bright idea. Since its sent to your e-mail address, and you print it prior to departure, why not use the same one for subsequent visits?? They never look at the date....

True...but each "card" has a unique number assigned to it and also they have your name. I imagine that you could use it multiple times.....until the system caught it....notified migracion....and then when that happens....you may likely be "detained" while trying to enter or exit.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
True...but each "card" has a unique number assigned to it and also they have your name. I imagine that you could use it multiple times.....until the system caught it....notified migracion....and then when that happens....you may likely be "detained" while trying to enter or exit.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

"dominican system" catching something...That's rich. Dude takes your paper, waves you through, and that's that. Do you seriously think that they are going to run the tourist card through some system?
They get their $10, and everyone's happy

Jan 9, 2004
"dominican system" catching something...That's rich. Dude takes your paper, waves you through, and that's that. Do you seriously think that they are going to run the tourist card through some system?
They get their $10, and everyone's happy

Yes.....and they do.

Each tourist card has a bar code that after collection is later scanned and cancelled in the "system." Data is aggregated and matched against receipts.

It really is not much different than the checkout scanners at La Sirena or elsewhere.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Trying to SCAM the system, yes I realize it's a corrupt system, but $10, WOW, pathetic.
Pay the $10 and move on!
We haven't had a thread on Halls vs Chiclet value in quite some time.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ok, so this needs to be printed, right? or can one download it to the phone and they scan the code or something?

Jan 9, 2004
ok, so this needs to be printed, right? or can one download it to the phone and they scan the code or something?

Both.

But to be safe...print it.

Tried to show it to them as a download on my I phone....way too confusing for the person I encountered.

Pulled out the printed hardcopy....he gave a big smile and collected the paper version.....no problem.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Hector L

Jun 11, 2010
They scan the paper which then deactivates it. This makes it impossible to use a second time. There is no date on it. You simply purchase it and use it when needed.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i had no such plan. a friend is coming to visit and i advised her to buy the card in advance so she does not have to queue upon arrival. but was not sure what to do next. last time i was in poland i found out that one can buy train tickets online and then either print it out or download it to the phone and on a train they can scan the code from phone screen. no need for internet either, it's stored in the memory. hence my question whether the same procedures are applied in regards to tourist card here.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
btw, the friend bought the card, printed it out, no problemos entering DR. she was able to skip the queue and passed the immigration quickly.