Air Transat out of Pearson

SwanSong

Jan 19, 2002
Has anyone travelled Air Transat out of Pearson here? If so I am wondering about the duty free situation.
Do you get to purchase on the flight?
What kind of selection do you get.
I am looking to bring a couple of cartons of smokes with me and a bottle of vodka... (rums Ok but sometimes yah just need the ole fermented potato).
I know the duty free store won't be open before the flight leaves so my choice is to buy before I fly or wait and see.
Is there any problem bringing this stuff in to DR?

Duty free

Duty free is open in Pearson at all hours, I have been there at 4 am and it is open. Yes you can purchase on flight but stock and brands are limited. Vodka is available in the DR, Brand is Normandy, it is local but it is as good as most vodka's
I have never had a problem with bringing in a couple of carton of smokes.

doug

Jan 1, 2002
Duty Free

Hlywud is correct, although I've seen the duty free closed....not very often, but I have seen it closed,for your very early morning flights. I've taken a 6.00 am flight and seen it open many,many times, but I have also seen it closed once or twice! Also as Hlywud says you can purchase Liquor on the plane and smokes as well, but this I have seen the plane without my brand of ciggarettes. As for purchasing rum.....that would be like bringing some sand with you,or a few glasses of saltwater!

TSS

Jan 27, 2002
Air transat!!!!!!

As Mr. T used to say I pity the fool

Sorry, just a flash back from some terrible service and flight delays from them.

As for duty free there should not be any trouble getting duty free from the airport. Pearson's duty free is open when flights are flying as far as I know I have got it a 6:00 am before no problem.

TSS

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Better than Swimming, Not By Much

I USED to use AT from Toronto (NB: I am sure as to your post that duty free delivered to the door of the plane is available, as is the small-ish selection on board in plastic mickeys).

Don't buy rum, since good Brugal or Barcelo is available for less than duty free in colmados all over the DR. 70 RD$/$5.00 US will get a great bottle.

As for using AT, the last straw was arriving at 5:30 a.m. on Sunday a.m. vs. the originally promised/scheduled 8 p.m. the night before - this is after four changes to the departure time and a new stop added in Punta Cana at 3 a.m. for an hour when all the passengers where booted off the plane so they could service it for the returning SDQ traffic.

Arriving 9 1/2 hours late on what is supposed to be 4:10 Hrs. non stop flight is pathetic.

BTW often it is not a lot less than AA either.

john harper

Jan 1, 2002
Their is duty free on the flight. You can buy vodka in the dr. On your return buy your booze down their,also get it before you hit the duty free at the air port, their prices are very high even higher then regular prices back home on some articles.