Travel to Punta Cana

ArJay

Jan 1, 2002
Can anyone tell me any route to travel to Punta Cana.

Are Higuey and Bayahibe equally good destination points, or do they have different advantages?

Are they both considered the SE coast? Is there an overland route from Samana?

Joly

Feb 4, 2002
www.richtrave.com
Samana is very far from Purta cana Driving 10 hrs or more. I would suggest try to doit by air rout are very confusin in the country Almost no direction of where you are going so you basicly have to stop and ask. you better off taking a helicopter.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
ArJay

I have been to Punta Cana...it's beautiful!!!

Also to Higuey and Bayahibe...The first is a town, I think they only have one hotel and it's really far away from the beach...which is Bayahibe...a little fishing town...with a very nice beach...

There's a hotel complex there...but I can't remember the name...If I find it, I'll post it here...

Your best bet is Punta Cana, and if you tell me where you're leaving from...I'll try to tell you the best way to get there...

I went from Santo Domingo to Puerto Plata by bus...3 1/2 hours drive...The bus was really comfortable, cheap, only RD$105 each way, big...with a restroom and a purser that serves you coffee, and water...It stopped in Santiago, where you could get off the bus for about 20 minutes and look around...

The drive is incredible, the views breathtaking...at least I enjoy the little things in life...and try to make the best of the not so pretty ones!

Good luck!

ArJay

Jan 1, 2002
Thanks,
This topic pretty much got covered in the Sosua-LaRomana thread. I was trying to figure out if there is an overland route to PC besides the South Coast. I guess only for the very adventurous. Otherwise the Ferry seems to be the way to go, (or by air ). I look forward to seeing it sometime.