Finals steps to starting the Dominican stock exchange 100%

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Securities Law amendments sent to Senate

President Danilo Medina has sent the amendments to the Ley del Mercado de Valores, the Securities Market Law, to the Senate. The proposed changes include new supervision measures that are required to guarantee juridical security to investments and reduce risks. The National Council of Securities initially approved the bill on 15 June 2015 followed by the Monetary Board on 17 December 2015.

Medina explained that the changes respond to updates in the legal framework of the law required by the International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO). The amendments are necessary for the DR to be admitted to the IOSCO.

Last Wednesday, 2 March 2016, President Danilo Medina issued decree number 119-16 approving amendments to the ruling for the implementation of the Law on Securities Market No. 19-00.

The decree expanded the range of instruments and publicly offered securities that can be traded on the Dominican Stock Market. The objective is to promote and channel increased savings in the medium and long term. The amendments are chiefly aimed at adapting the regulatory framework to the offerings under the trust (Ley de Fideicomiso) modality.

From DR1 front page news

------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the final steps to procure a stocks market in the DR which is well regulated and trusted.

Instead of paper, stocks will be traded both on the floor and online.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Securities Law amendments sent to Senate

President Danilo Medina has sent the amendments to the Ley del Mercado de Valores, the Securities Market Law, to the Senate. The proposed changes include new supervision measures that are required to guarantee juridical security to investments and reduce risks. The National Council of Securities initially approved the bill on 15 June 2015 followed by the Monetary Board on 17 December 2015.

Medina explained that the changes respond to updates in the legal framework of the law required by the International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO). The amendments are necessary for the DR to be admitted to the IOSCO.

Last Wednesday, 2 March 2016, President Danilo Medina issued decree number 119-16 approving amendments to the ruling for the implementation of the Law on Securities Market No. 19-00.

The decree expanded the range of instruments and publicly offered securities that can be traded on the Dominican Stock Market. The objective is to promote and channel increased savings in the medium and long term. The amendments are chiefly aimed at adapting the regulatory framework to the offerings under the trust (Ley de Fideicomiso) modality.

From DR1 front page news

------------------------------------------------------------------

These are the final steps to procure a stocks market in the DR which is well regulated and trusted.

Instead of paper, stocks will be traded both on the floor and online.

My understanding is its only going to be a "electronic traded exchange"... Where will the floor trading take place? If so I WANT A SEAT and I'm happy to buy one...

kenthedentman

Apr 10, 2012
It would be better if it was paper. At least paper has some value. Unless it is advertised on whatsapp or facebook no Dominican will ever know about it anyway. Fail.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
For some reason the words INSIDER TRADING and SECURITIES FRAUD just appeared in my head after reading this.

Jan 9, 2004
My understanding is its only going to be a "electronic traded exchange"... Where will the floor trading take place? If so I WANT A SEAT and I'm happy to buy one...

I wonder who the market makers will be?

Not a good thing when sellers come in......and there are no buyers.

And what CristorRey said above.

If you like roller coasters/gunslingers....this might be right for some.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Here is one of the market makers:

Santo-Domingo-Mercado-Modelo-bananas-tomatoes.jpg

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Dominican commodities futures ..lol... I'll be your broker. We will have a new meaning of pump and dump

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
plantano futures is the hot market or the used moto concho transmission market. not sure is best