Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another fine example of what kind of crap does politics in this country

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Another fine example of what kind of crap does politics in this country

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Election time. Tis the season. What better way to beat your competition then to have them shot dead

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

http://eldia.com.do/prm-suspende-car...-de-febrillet/

At least there will be one traffic jam less...

4. Likes kampinge liked this post
    Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

and there's still 2 months left to play...

North Coast Moderator

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

.......and perhaps one is now seeing very clearly that the criminalization of carrying of firearms can be a good solution in a country still with the possibility of doing just that.

I pray the legislators do just that this parliamentary session. The latest action affecting the opposition following the death of a ruling party official make this more likely than ever.

I have no problem if people can own a firearm for personal and family protection at home as the old law was aimed.

I doesn't solve the problem immediately but it takes some guns out of daily encounters providing the carry penalties are very high indeed as proposed.

Criminals will still carry but who cares a f*** if they get caught or better eliminated Dominican police style. Give the police a chance. All persons who carry subsequent to such new laws would be doing so illegally and are a risk to society.

7. Likes frank12 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.diariolibre.com/noticias/...ampaign=buffer

The murderer is one of our "Padre de Familia" friends... Am I surprised? NOT...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

The criminilization of carrying firearms will do absolutely nothing to stop this as anyone that wants a gun can and will get it here. It's the wild west and nothing is going to change that for many years. Better to carry your own gun and be ready to use it if necessary. There are no laws here or at least they're never enforced so better to have your gun.

10. Likes Garyexpat, Conchman, wuarhat, zoomzx11 liked this post
    *** I love DR1! ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Every time I read in the news that another person was shot in his car I think that it was a good idea and not a waste of money to armor my car.

And this has nothing to do with the prohibition of carrying of firearms (which will never happen here, I hope). Who said that the gun used to kill him was the legal one? I am 100% sure that ballistic checks will find no match with any of the legal guns in the database.

12. Likes wuarhat liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

http://eldia.com.do/fiscalia-blas-pe...arma-homicida/

A$$hole tried everything... Looking for another person to admit to the killing. Tried to throw the gun and phone into the ocean, etc.. Good that all is known and being published. Hope this p.o.s. is toast...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ju10prd View Post
    .......and perhaps one is now seeing very clearly that the criminalization of carrying of firearms can be a good solution in a country still with the possibility of doing just that.

I pray the legislators do just that this parliamentary session. The latest action affecting the opposition following the death of a ruling party official make this more likely than ever.

I have no problem if people can own a firearm for personal and family protection at home as the old law was aimed.

I doesn't solve the problem immediately but it takes some guns out of daily encounters providing the carry penalties are very high indeed as proposed.

Criminals will still carry but who cares a f*** if they get caught or better eliminated Dominican police style. Give the police a chance. All persons who carry subsequent to such new laws would be doing so illegally and are a risk to society.
    I completely disagree with you.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast