Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POP to LT road trip

Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Default POP to LT road trip

so i've decided on a little road trip with my best pal, nicknamed balloons. i drove us to LT first along the coast and then taking boulevard turistico. we hit the road last thursday, just days before danilo's rally through the area. i've been on that road before i remember enormous potholes but large stretches were being fixed that day which slowed us down. still, great views, great weather, nice trip.

but i forgot that gaspar hernandez is such a traffic sh*thole, so to speak. very narrow, lots of motos, carros publicos and - on that day - hundreds of trucks delivering materials to fix the tarmac. hell to cross, worse than cabarete. whoa. boulevard turistico was a dream drive but at 528 pesos it was a bit steep. it cost me about as much to pay the peaje as to buy petrol for the entire trip.

LT is super great. french spoken everywhere. mouth watering french pastry everywhere. eye candy everywhere. lots of good quality wimmin, slim, hot, young. and they were sunbathing topless and frolicking in the waves...

wait. i lost my train of thought... we stayed in the atlantic hotel on playa bonita. decent rooms, excellent service, clean, safe, quiet. the restaurant was on more expensive side but the food was nothing special, just ok.

coming back we were ahead of danilo's caravana which was kinda fun. i thought it will be hard to drive though crowds, decorations and general election mess but it was super easy. people were very happy (i suspect free rum was involved) and very helpful. we got danilo baseball caps too

and NC roads are freshly fixed now, i love elections!

balloons was snapping photoes left, right and centre so i will post a few shots here.

go to las terrenas where the grass is green and the girls are pretty!

North Coast Moderator

2. Likes Derfish, beeza, CG, ben jammin, dulce and 2 others liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

When people have nicknames like that, they are usually referring a physical trait that stands out over others. You know like wingnut (large ears), Duracell (Ginger hair) etc....

Now balloons.......lemme guess......

Post Thanks / Like

let's just say she is a bomb.

North Coast Moderator

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Hotel Atlantic or Atlantis?

I had always heard the food was very good at Atlantis.... you say just 'OK'.
    Wasn't that Mitterand's chef?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    Hotel Atlantic or Atlantis?

I had always heard the food was very good at Atlantis.... you say just 'OK'.
    Wasn't that Mitterand's chef?
    I had a very good meal there but it is on the higher price side. In the LT area hands down the best consistent quality, quantity and price is Navias. It is a German Restaurant about 1/8 of a mile on the left hand side, past the turn off for Playa Bonita, heading toward Coson. Another place that is always good is Luis' Restaurant on the beach in Coson. They usually have grilled fish, chicken, shrimp and lobster with papa fritas, beans and rice and salad. Recently had 3 1/2 lb. whole Snapper. Price for two including drinks was 1750 Pesos. In LT Casa Azul has the best pizza, La Yuca Caliente has great Italian and for upscale dinning try El Lugar, Tres Caravelles or Chez Sandro. All have great steaks.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, sorry, atlantis. we only had few things there. spaghetti and chicken were both swimming in extremely greasy sauce. beef carpaccio was kinda thickly cut and really nothing to write home about. overall meh: not bad but not worth the price tag.

North Coast Moderator

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Good to know....

In LT, I like Mi Terrasse.... Fisherman's Village

Post Thanks / Like

we did not even make it to LT properly. i drove into town but found it a bit stressful to get around. i was driving a new car which was bad enough but a new place made it even harder. narrow streets, no signs to tell what roads are one way, lots of cars and motos. shame because i heard good things about yuca caliente and wanted to try it out. maybe next time.

North Coast Moderator

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Not an easy place to navigate.... agreed

and the BombShell, what did she think>?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

In LT the must goes are;
    "Restaurant Luis" on playa Coson,
    "Balconcito" out by Portillo,
    "El Lugar",
    "The Beach" Restaurant on playa Coson,