FBI,PN agree to fight organized crime jointly with new UNIT

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Santo Domingo.- The National Police will cooperate with Federal Bureau of Investigation of the US Dept. of Justice (FBI) and the US Embassy, to create a Tactical Unit against organized crime.

The agreement aims to identify and effectively deal with threats from organized crime in the Dominican Republic and the United States.

US Ambassador James W. Brewster, police chief Nelson Peguero and Carlos Caceres of the FBI signed the pact.

Caceres said the agreement once again bolsters the bilateral cooperation between the two countries, this time with joint efforts to disrupt and combat transnational crimes.

He said the collaboration will be with a team of officers who?ll investigate pertinent profiles.

Peguero said interagency collaboration with other police forces in the world bolsters the fight against crime.

For Brewster, Washington?s collaboration will always result in positive actions for public safety in the country.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...Police-agree-to-fight-organized-crime-jointly

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
PN itself is an organized crime organization, a bunch of low life thugs.

So is the NYPD, LAPD, etc...

Depends on the perspective and the individual.

Lots of good cops in the PN. Very honest and hardworking guys. Many have never discharged their weapons due to how they react to the situations they faced daily.

I would call it more corrupt and such if they never prosecuted or kicked out the bad apples within their ranks as they do.

Accepting bribes is not corruption, because it's an accepted part of the culture.

Accepting pay offs for crimes is.

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014

Lots of good cops in the PN. Very honest and hardworking guys. Many have never discharged their weapons due to how they react to the situations they faced daily.

I would call it more corrupt and such if they never prosecuted or kicked out the bad apples within their ranks as they do.

Accepting bribes is not corruption, because it's an accepted part of the culture.

lol :)

"Lots of good cops in the PN. Very honest and hardworking guys. Many have never discharged their weapons due to how they react to the situations they faced daily.

Accepting pay offs for crimes is."

I read this to 4 other people at my friends house and everyone burst out laughing.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008

Love it! DR police same as US police as for corruption. In the mans own words "you obviously know nothing about the DR"

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
The Internal Affairs department of the National Police is a busy place. Every day there are sad sacks lined up outside the offices waiting for their hearings.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Santo Domingo.- The National Police will cooperate with Federal Bureau of Investigation of the US Dept. of Justice (FBI) and the US Embassy, to create a Tactical Unit against organized crime.

The agreement aims to identify and effectively deal with threats from organized crime in the Dominican Republic and the United States.

US Ambassador James W. Brewster, police chief Nelson Peguero and Carlos Caceres of the FBI signed the pact.

Caceres said the agreement once again bolsters the bilateral cooperation between the two countries, this time with joint efforts to disrupt and combat transnational crimes.

He said the collaboration will be with a team of officers who’ll investigate pertinent profiles.

Peguero said interagency collaboration with other police forces in the world bolsters the fight against crime.

For Brewster, Washington’s collaboration will always result in positive actions for public safety in the country.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...Police-agree-to-fight-organized-crime-jointly

TRANSLATION:

As part of America?s ever expanding empire they are forcing the Dominican Republic to start abiding by their rules and ?values? The FBI is probably sick and tired of dealing with the people in charge down here who want nothing to do with their over policed state mentality so they (the FBI) have decided to start pulling the strings themselves.

I guarantee you this ?Tactical Unit?they are creating is going to focus more on police corruption then transnational organized crime. If they only knew how deep the rabbit hole really is..