Police in El Batey, Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcJ1492

Mar 16, 2016
My friend, a Dominican, was arrested last week when he went to pick up his wife by the Police in Sosua for no reason.
Once in custody, they tried to extortion him to pay up for his release. If you get pick-up don't pay up.
This type of abuses need to stop.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
My friend, a Dominican, was arrested last week when he went to pick up his wife by the Police in Sosua for no reason.
Once in custody, they tried to extortion him to pay up for his release. If you get pick-up don't pay up.
This type of abuses need to stop.

Is English your second language?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Relax man, I'm just sharing what happen to a friend of my and letting p know what
could happen to them with the Police in Sosua.

I hope ?your fren? asked for a receipt.
The PN in Cabarete ran a scam on some tourist a few years ago involving one of the ?local girls?,
I beleive he was from Iceland of all places, where they extorted a bunch of money from him but
were dumb enough to give him a receipt. It did make
national news but I was unable to locate the link.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Relax man, I'm just sharing what happen to a friend of my and letting p know what could happen to them with the Police in Sosua.

I don't think Tio Tambo is brutal...just bored!

Did it occur to you, perhaps the "extortionistas" were dressed as PN, and not actually LE, there is more to this story you are not sharing. Was the female involved working the streets? Cops don't just extort you walking around, usually you run a red light or don't have papers on you for the AMET Grande fund request.

MarcJ1492

Mar 16, 2016
He went to pick up his wife from the Banca where she works on Pedro Clisente. He was take to the police station. These were regular police officers, no AMETs or PoliTur. Anyway, wha do you know about cops in El Batey? Have you ever been arrest before?

There is nothing more to the story other than what I have stated.

Who knows, you never know what is on the mind of the Sosua Police. My barrio peeps don't like to leave Gaspar much bc they are terrified of the police in Cabarete and Sosua.
Was he walking? Did he have a car? What was the reason he was given for being arrested? If the guy asks for money don't give him any!!

I don't think I know of anyone who was just walking innocently who was just arrested out of the blue, so does sound a bit odd...

MarcJ1492

Mar 16, 2016
Who knows, you never know what is on the mind of the Sosua Police. My barrio peeps don't like to leave Gaspar much bc they are terrified of the police in Cabarete and Sosua.
Was he walking? Did he have a car? What was the reason he was given for being arrested? If the guy asks for money don't give him any!!

I don't think I know of anyone who was just walking innocently who was just arrested out of the blue, so does sound a bit odd...

He was walking. He was not given any reason for his arrest other than that he had to come with them to the police station. I know many people that were just walking innocently on Pedro Clisente in the evening and were arrested for no reason. Just look up old treads and I'm sure you will see similar stories or search it on Youtube.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
So if he's walking with 20,000 pesos, somebody probably knew he had that cash.

It certainly doesn't make it right, but that must be the reason he was singled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.