TV purchase in Punta Cana area

Wheathead

Sep 10, 2011
My TV just bit the dust and the price of repair is way too much.
Any ideas on the best place to buy a new TV in the Punta Cana area?

My preference is to go to a store that has a good selection with various size options with reasonable prices.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Corripio Plaza San Juan

I agree on this one. They have a nice selection and good prices for this country. Do not go to Plaza Lama, total junk, some
even refurbished without saying so. Just a warning in case you are thinking of this place.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I agree on this one. They have a nice selection and good prices for this country. Do not go to Plaza Lama, total junk, some
even refurbished without saying so. Just a warning in case you are thinking of this place.

Not sure why a few people knock Plaza Lama but I have purchased a 42" and a 55" from Plaza Lama and not a single problem. Both were LG models.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I would go with Plaza Lama. Much better prices than Corripio.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Refurbished doesn't scare me, if the price is right. I guess I feel the refurbished ones have been checked over better before reselling. Not sure that's true :)

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Refurbished doesn't scare me, if the price is right. I guess I feel the refurbished ones have been checked over better before reselling. Not sure that's true :)

Same thoughts here. If you buy brand new and have a problem you get it repaired under warranty. So now won't you actually own a refurbished TV?

I can't speak for all manufacturers but some, not all, clearly stamp loud and clear on the box "refurbished". This being the case how does Plaza Lama allegedly sell refurbished TVs and the consumer not know.

I personally believe Plaza Lama sells nothing but new in the box merchandise. Only thing one needs to watch out for is sometimes the lower priced TV is not the latest model and may not have the inputs and outputs you may need.