la Romana to North Coast transpo costs?

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I'm trying to price transportation for somebody from la Romana to North Coast - Cab/Sosua. Can't find an exact cost in search, but would taxi be about $300 us? What would approx. cost be from uber?

Prefer car over bus. tia

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
all i can tell you is that the price posted at POP airport states 300 dollars to la romana. i am sure you would be able to negotiate much better price with local taxis.

NAGUA

Mar 19, 2016
I have used the same taxi driver for 10 years and he is very professional and reasonable. No nonsense guy and very polite. PM me for his number if you are interested.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
I'm trying to price transportation for somebody from la Romana to North Coast - Cab/Sosua. Can't find an exact cost in search, but would taxi be about $300 us? What would approx. cost be from uber?
From the LRM airport or from the actual town?

If the traveler is on a budget and doesn't have a lot of luggage s/he could probably do MOST of the trip through decent bus service (say LR-SD, taxi for in-city transfer, SD-NC) and save a lot of money.

Uber has recently lowered its rates and changed the fare structure for long trips.

Using their own examples, LR-SD and SD-Santiago would cost about RD$4,000 (~90 USD) EACH. I suppose if you replace SD-Santiago with SD-NC the total fare would be comparable. So, you can assume Uber would cost you ~200 USD (probably a bit less).

However, it is unclear that you can be picked up by Uber in LR (although for a long trip, who knows)

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
Actual costs for a taxi (return trip for him about 4.5 hours each way) will be:

Gas $50 to $75 depending on his vehicle (660km round trip shortest route up the Samana highway)
Tolls $50
His cost for the day ????
His vehicle cost for the day ????

Under $200 would be exceptional.

btw $350 is the rate to Puerto Plata from La Romana airport for 1 to 5 people as per link below

http://romanaairport.com/local-transport-tips/

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
Two buses for about $15 and one taxi in SD. Cheapest is to bus it.

Maybe also two local taxi rides, at the beginning and end of the route, for door to door service. But still, far less than a taxi ride for the whole trip.