Kodi TV

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Simplex said:
Does anyone know if Kodi TV works here in the DR, I installed it, but when I go to configure it (add ons) I don't have the same file as per the online instructions, too bad, this is a nice piece of software, which lets you watch almost any live TV channel on the planet.

Yes, Kodi TV works in the D.R.

I would suggest you go over the installation steps again and look for possible errors.

There are some here in the D.R. that are using it, perhaps they can offer suggestions as to what the problem may be with your installation.

Simplex

Feb 18, 2014
Make sure you aren't using a beta version. I'm using kodi Jarvis, works well

The only link I could find is the Jarvis beta ver.16.1, I guess thats the reason it does not work properly, would it be possible for you to send me the link for the version you are using, thanks so much.

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
My android box should arrive today and I'm going to install Kodi on it. Just had Claro install fibre so the streaming should be niceee.

Last edited:

IEatTravelnCode

Oct 29, 2014
I would suggest to get the right repositories to get it going.
I don't recommend to run a Fresh kodi. I suggest you use the TV-Addons version, the comes loaded with everything.
it's the same Kodi, but with addons already added.

https://www.tvaddons.ag/
If need any info feel free to pm me.

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
Hey all. Would an American firestick with Kodi installed in it word in RD?

Yes it would. A friend of mine purchased one on ebay loaded with Kodi, brought it down and it worked. Slow but that might had to do with his internet speed. You would need an Amazon account for it to work.

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
Make sure you aren't using a beta version. I'm using kodi Jarvis, works well

Good point, just reinstalled Kodi, mine came with the beta version. There is a new one coming out, but I will stick with this for now. If I can get a slingbox app to work on this I will be a happy camper. Can't wait to set up my new sliver screen and test it out in ambient light.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Yes it would. A friend of mine purchased one on ebay loaded with Kodi, brought it down and it worked. Slow but that might had to do with his internet speed. You would need an Amazon account for it to work.

I'm not clear on this, what's the advantage of putting Kodi on the Firestick as opposed to just loading Kodi on your laptop?

If using an "unlocked" Firestick, do you still need the Amazon account? Thanks

IEatTravelnCode

Oct 29, 2014
I'm not clear on this, what's the advantage of putting Kodi on the Firestick as opposed to just loading Kodi on your laptop?

the firestick it's not locked.
You can connect it to your TV, and also have access to other apps, like Netflix and HULU.
I have Kodi loaded in my computer, in my phone and in my Firestick.

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010

The advantage is you're free to do other things with your computer, you are not tied up. When kodi runs on a laptop there is nothing else you can do. Also a fire stick or android box is small.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It is hard to stop the Internet once Al Gore started it. Some other coder will set up shop on an island....

Retire

Jan 18, 2017
My android box should arrive today and I'm going to install Kodi on it. Just had Claro install fibre so the streaming should be niceee.
I have Fiber optic , Avov Android boxes .They work great !

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
There are so many different add-ons, I don't see how it would be possible to go after them all. F.U.B.A.R. is my go-to