dominicana accuses an italian man of causing a miscarriage

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Trying to make sense of the report, which as usual raises more questions than answers:
He pushed her when she was in the fourth month of pregnancy, leading her to give birth prematurely, which caused the death of the foetus six months later
- Did she "give birth" in the fourth month to a foetus that survived 6 months (not possible) or did she give birth some months later, before the pregnancy was full term, in which case it would be difficult to link it directly with the alleged assault.

LA ROMANA. Una mujer denuncia que hace tres a?os someti? a la justicia a un ciudadano italiano que la empuj? provoc?ndole un parto prematuro por el que falleciera el feto seis meses despu?s en el hosptial Robert Reid Cabral.

Rosanna Cabrera Castro dice que cuando ten?a cuatro meses de embarazo fue empujada por el empresario italiano Rafael del Rio, en compa??a del abogado Ney Soto, en el parqueo de la residencia alquilada donde resid?a, propiedad del extranjero.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
this is the same hospital that could not get oxygen to the natal unit a while back. an lost x number of babies. doubt if the push caused this .

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
She writes to Diario Libre claiming no resolution to her claim for justice 3 years after the supposed event. An Italian from who she rented an apartment with supposedly a parking space allocated to it, and he supposedly pushed her during an argument when she notes she was shouting excessively with many bad words in the presence of a lawyer when asked to vacate the parking space. And she claims she was defenseless and 4 months pregnant (how would he know?) and two months later her miscarriage is blamed upon this incidence.

Any defense lawyer it appears would drive a bus through her reported claims. Not surprising the tribunal wants to close the file.

For those reading the thread about Dominicanas challenging police be warned.......give the older (over 30) uneducated campo variety a very wide berth.....they think and expect that they can get any gringo sent to jail on trumped up charges if they are offended. You are playing with fire with some of them so be warned and look for better. Been there, done that and never again.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Trying to make sense of the report, which as usual raises more questions than answers.

yeah, does not really make sense, does it? that's why i don't attempt to translate articles like that, sounds like a complete gibberish.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
This woman needs money. Will someone please step foward and pay her to go away?
I watched the drama for money scenario pay out scam run on so many gringos while living on the NC, I
literally lost count. Gentleman please, apply common sense when dealing with women down here (pregnant or not) in order to avoid becoming a victim of their ?loose?hustle.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
These bints will do anything for money, even dump on the memory of their dead children. Moral grounds being tested to the extreme again.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Trying to make sense of the report, which as usual raises more questions than answers:
He pushed her when she was in the fourth month of pregnancy, leading her to give birth prematurely, which caused the death of the foetus six months later
- Did she "give birth" in the fourth month to a foetus that survived 6 months (not possible) or did she give birth some months later, before the pregnancy was full term, in which case it would be difficult to link it directly with the alleged assault.

THat confused me too, but the baby would not have been a premie if she was 4 months pregnant and then carried it another six months. I took it that the fetus died at 4 months and she carried it another six months before deciding that it wasn't going to develop any further.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
la zeta kinda clears it up a bit:
http://zdigital.do/app/article.aspx?id=181126
Se trata de Rosanna Cabrera Castro, quien seg?n explica la acusaci?n, cuando ten?a cuatro meses de embarazo fue empujada por el empresario italiano Rafael Del R?o, en compa??a del abogado Ney Soto, situaci?n que le provoc? un parto a los seis meses y posteriormente el fallecimiento de la criatura en el hospital Robert Read Cabral.
so he pushed her when she was 4 months pregnant. she gave birth at 6 month of pregnancy and the child died.

slightly off topic, i kinda love how they always refer to newborn as criatura. it reminds me of a polish word kreatura which means beast, creep, nasty being. ha ha ha.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
la zeta kinda clears it up a bit:
http://zdigital.do/app/article.aspx?id=181126
Se trata de Rosanna Cabrera Castro, quien seg?n explica la acusaci?n, cuando ten?a cuatro meses de embarazo fue empujada por el empresario italiano Rafael Del R?o, en compa??a del abogado Ney Soto, situaci?n que le provoc? un parto a los seis meses y posteriormente el fallecimiento de la criatura en el hospital Robert Read Cabral.
so he pushed her when she was 4 months pregnant. she gave birth at 6 month of pregnancy and the child died.
That makes more sense, but I fear she hasn't got much of a case if there was a 2-month interval between the push and the premature labour.

slightly off topic, i kinda love how they always refer to newborn as criatura. it reminds me of a polish word kreatura which means beast, creep, nasty being. ha ha ha.
Or "creature" in English, which also evokes a beast or a monster, but in Spanish it is merely a synonym for child.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
$ound$ like Ro$anna i$ going to have a very merry Chri$tma$ thi$ year thank$ to thi$
Italian bu$$ine$$$$$$$ man.

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013

The story (truthful or not) does make sense.

1) He pushed her.
2) She gave birth a premature baby (in his/her 4th month of development)
3) The premature baby was put in some type of incubator.
4) The baby died 6 months later.

I suppose points 2 to 4 are known FACTS, that can be easily verified.

The only doubt is whether or not (2) was the result from (1).

I have no idea how can a decent person from this short article conclude that (1) did NOT happen or did but didn't lead to (2).
It is gross speculation at best, or biased and stereotyping (if not bigotry) at worst.

Only an analysis of the actual evidence can allow one to conclude whether or not (2) is the result from (1).

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
sometimes this stuff is wierd ...i dont believe it for a minute much less 4 months..
can she blame someone else???

Virgo

Bronze
Oct 26, 2013
the baby was born at 6 months, not 4.
How do you know that?
There are two different newspaper articles. One says that the baby was born at the 4th months of development. The other says it was at the 6th.
We do not know which is right.

But that is irrelevant to my post. I was answering the poster who said the original (first) article did not make sense. I explained that the first story does makes sense (whether the premature delivery was caused by the Italian's push is another issue).