Recent foodie experience in Santo Domingo

joselowe

May 5, 2015
So I just got back from DR, Santo Domingo. This is my 5th time in the past 9 months.

I stayed at an Airbnb apartment in Plaza Espana, very beautiful. This was my first time staying in this particular area.

This was my first trip using uber in SD. I must say it was amazing. I ate in Piatini twice and usually I spend close to $10 USD by taxi to get from Zona Colonial to Piatini. By uber it was $2.50 USD each way which shocked me. I then took an uber from Zona Colonial to SDQ and I spent around $29 USD... But the first 4 times I came to DR there was a standard flat fee of $40 USD. So I definitely suggest uber in the city if you can.

As far as restaurants I did a ton but the best 3 were hands down Pura Tasca... Always a favorite of mines. Great quality cuisine.

I also tried Bottega Fratelli I have to say it's one of the nicest restaurants I've been to in the area, the food was pretty good and very elegant dining.

I also went to LaCassina. Hands down the best restaurants I've been to in the SD, best Italian food and the interior is amazing, even better than El Meson De La Cava.

Also during this trip I saw Danilo team in full effect during his parade in the city... I have nothing positive to say about this so I'll STFU lol

But overall this trip was amazing and great for a foodie like me.

If you have questions feel free to ask me!

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
So I just got back from DR, Santo Domingo. This is my 5th time in the past 9 months.

I stayed at an Airbnb apartment in Plaza Espana, very beautiful. This was my first time staying in this particular area.

This was my first trip using uber in SD. I must say it was amazing. I ate in Piatini twice and usually I spend close to $10 USD by taxi to get from Zona Colonial to Piatini. By uber it was $2.50 USD each way which shocked me. I then took an uber from Zona Colonial to SDQ and I spent around $29 USD... But the first 4 times I came to DR there was a standard flat fee of $40 USD. So I definitely suggest uber in the city if you can.

As far as restaurants I did a ton but the best 3 were hands down Pura Tasca... Always a favorite of mines. Great quality cuisine.

I also tried Bottega Fratelli I have to say it's one of the nicest restaurants I've been to in the area, the food was pretty good and very elegant dining.

I also went to LaCassina. Hands down the best restaurants I've been to in the SD, best Italian food and the interior is amazing, even better than El Meson De La Cava.

Also during this trip I saw Danilo team in full effect during his parade in the city... I have nothing positive to say about this so I'll STFU lol

But overall this trip was amazing and great for a foodie like me.

If you have questions feel free to ask me!

If you are a foodie try going to Las Terrenas on the Samana Peninsula. Great Italian food at La Yuca Caliente, German at Navias, Cuban at Mojito's, French at La Terrasse and great all around menu at El Lugar and Tres Caravelles. Many Europeans live here and the food is varied and very good.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008