Punta Cana -- Best deals on Day Passes at resorts

healimonster

Sep 29, 2015
Punta Cana -- Best deals on Day Passes at resorts

Does anyone know the best deals going right now for a day pass to an AI resort in the Punta Cana area?

Feb 7, 2007
Try Catalonia I don't know the exact amount but I think they advertised something about 50 USD. Ocean blue used to be around 70 off season.

MrNiceGuy

Sep 12, 2004
Iberostar - 50USD, 1/2 price for kids

Barcelo Palace is about the same price. An evening pass is also available. Both recommended.

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
Barcelo has around $100 for a full-day pass, which takes you until ~3am. At that price you might as well get a room for ~$30 more, but you do get all meals and property access.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Guess I'm a knucklehead, but I'm not getting the AI day pass thing. The food? Not. Corny-assed entertainment? beach? They can be accessed almost anywhere, right?
The only redeeming factor that I can remotely realize is unlimted bottom-shelf drinks at the swim up bar.
My best guess is that its a Dominican thing in order to pose for pics and show the world that they are not "pobre". ??
Why not just head to Macao with a bottle of Barcelo, a jug of apple juice, a pan of ensalada de papa, order some fresh fish with tostones and be done with it. You can rest assured that your neighbors will provide the entertainment from the back of their Land Cuiser.
BTW, I've been called worse than knucklehead.

Feb 7, 2007
Barcelo has around $100 for a full-day pass, which takes you until ~3am. At that price you might as well get a room for ~$30 more, but you do get all meals and property access.

It was 90 when I last bought it in May (Palace), maybe it went up, maybe it's still the same 90 (and 60 till 6 pm) and kids until 12 with 50% off, but the rooms are not +30$ in high season, more like double*. I went with my daughter 2 times when I had friends staying there, so that was 135 for the two of us while the cheapest room was 280 at that time. Showered and even napped at my friend's sofa in his room.