Dominicans can buy property in Turkey

Status
Not open for further replies.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Turkey has been witnessing an explosion in sales of real estate to foreigners. The most important factor for the boom is the change made in 2012 regarding Reciprocity Law for which foreign buyers can own Turkish property. This recently amended regulation lifted the reciprocity requirement for real estate sales and stated in which regions of Turkey and under what conditions citizens of 183 countries may purchase property.
The new law allows foreign buyers to own residential property, plots of land and office throughout Turkey up to 30 hectares per person. There is no limitation for foreign owned companies in Turkey; the corporates are allowed to purchase as much property as wished. However, in the event of a purchase of plotted or unplotted land, approval must be obtained from the relevant ministry within two years of blueprints being drawn up for buildings to be constructed.

With the latest change at Reciprocity Law, citizens of Syria, Armenia and North Korea can no longer buy property in Turkey. Furthermore, the countries such as Iran, Iraq, Georgia and Bulgaria, can no longer acquire real estate in the provinces bordering those countries. Real estate sales cannot be to Greek citizens in 26 coastal provinces, including Istanbul. However, property sales to Greeks are permitted in inland regions.
129 countries granted purchase of property without any condition, include such as United States, Germany, Argentina, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Brunei, the Dominican Republic, France, Finland, South Korea, the Netherlands, Ireland, Sweden, Britain, Spain, Italy, Japan, Canada, Kuwait, Qatar, Luxembourg, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu and Oman. In 2012, the previous ?single residence? requirement was lifted for Israeli citizens. Citizens of 16 countries, including China, the Philippines, India and Iraq, are required to obtain special permission from the Ministry of the Interior. Iraqi citizens also need to provide a certificate of conformity from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Additional Info ; There is no difference between a Turkish citizen and foreign person in regards to the documents required for the title deed transfer process. However, please note that if the buyer is unable to speak Turkish, a certified Turkish translator is required during the deed transfer.

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
These news are from 2012, but you could buy properties in Turkey as a Dominican citizen even before 2012, as well as get a residence permit as a property owner. I personally did this using my Dominican passport, and it was before 2012.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Who on earth would want to live in that sh1t hole of a place, it's worse than the DR without the easy women.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
So let's all go to turkey and buy a solar and build a house for the jihadists to burn us out of!

Jan 7, 2016
Guess buying property in Turkey wouldn't be so bad if you like looking out all sides of your house and seeing a constant stream of Syrian Refugees pouring by on their way to Greece and Italy and Eastern Europe.

Julia31

Jan 4, 2012
bad idea at the moment when security and tourism are going down..this might change again but right now I wouldnt set a food in this place neither buy land there

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Why did the words ?geography lesson? appear in my head after reading this thread?
Hate to say it but walk outside and ask the first person you come across if they
could point Turkey out to you on a map?

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
Who on earth would want to live in that sh1t hole of a place, it's worse than the DR without the easy women.

The part of Turkey on the Mediterranean coast is 100 times better than DR, it's a very developed tourist area, with hundreds of all inclusive resorts and zero crime, and it's full of Russian and Ukrainian girls. I had some properties there, as well as a residence permit, and I used my Dominican passport for all the paperwork. I guess it was a first time when they saw a Dominican passport in the real estate registry office there, in 2007-2008. I remember how they asked me where is the Dominican Republic, in Europe or in Africa? lol

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
bad idea at the moment when security and tourism are going down..this might change again but right now I wouldnt set a food in this place neither buy land there

Actually it's a good moment to buy something there, because property prices are as low as never before now.

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
If you are younger than 70 it may work out as a long term investment, but too late for this old fart.
Der Fish
I am still younger than 40 :) So it may work out for me, but I already sold my properties there a few years ago when the market was high, it was a good moment to sell, and I focused myself on other countries.

But it may be a good idea for some Dominicans with money, to invest there, why not?

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
great deal,low cost of living. One small drawback is from time to time the local markets experience car bombs.

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
One small drawback is from time to time the local markets experience car bombs.

Not in tourist areas near the beaches. You can be a victim of a street robbery in DR every time you go outside your house. And what is the chance to be a victim of a terrorist attack in Turkey? I think the same chance as to die in an airplane crash, not more.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
The part of Turkey on the Mediterranean coast is 100 times better than DR, it's a very developed tourist area, with hundreds of all inclusive resorts and zero crime, and it's full of Russian and Ukrainian girls. I had some properties there, as well as a residence permit, and I used my Dominican passport for all the paperwork. I guess it was a first time when they saw a Dominican passport in the real estate registry office there, in 2007-2008. I remember how they asked me where is the Dominican Republic, in Europe or in Africa? lol

Sorry I know that area as well and it is a sh1t hole, pretty in places, but still full of sh1t. And no crime is a ridiculous comment. IS are in operation in that country,openly, there is zero central intelligence which means zero protection for citizens. If anyone would consider going to a country where they knew what we know then they deserve everything they get.
It's a horrible country from top to toe.

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
Sorry I know that area as well and it is a sh1t hole, pretty in places, but still full of sh1t. And no crime is a ridiculous comment. IS are in operation in that country,openly, there is zero central intelligence which means zero protection for citizens. If anyone would consider going to a country where they knew what we know then they deserve everything they get.
It's a horrible country from top to toe.
I lived there. And it's no crime there. If compare to DR, it's ZERO crime in Turkey. It was normal for me to walk to ATM to get cash (a few thousand dollars) at 2AM and then walk back home, nothing happened. Normal police. You leave your car in the street, even if you forget to lock it, nothing happens. IS? not my business, I leave it to politicians.

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
Anyway, the point of the thread was that Dominicans can buy properties in Turkey. I can confirm that this is true, because I did this using my Dominican passport. And they don't need visa to enter Turkey, 3 month tourist visa is available on arrival for 20 dollars, they can open bank accounts as tourists, buy property, and then they can get a residence permit as property owners. The residence permit for property owners is issued for one year, then it can be renewed for two years, then for 5 years if you still have the property in your name.

Status
Not open for further replies.