Marco Beland/Rocky has died

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have it on good authority that famous former DR1 poster Marc Beland aka Rocky has died either today or last night.

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
Marco Beland

The creator and originator of Rocky's in Sosua passed away this morning after a long illness. He will be missed by many including me.

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
Just heard about this. Marco was alway generous with his time and his sharing of knowledge of all things DR. RIP

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Marco will be sorely missed I am sure by many. From my very first days on DR1 back 10 years ago he was always full of encouragement and advice for me on a whole range of subjects from painting my house to computer issues. He has since been my number one go to guy for any computer issues, and helped me buy and set up new ones. Nothing was too much trouble and he even worked remotely on my computers whenever I had a problem. One of the kindest men I had the pleasure to meet and a real loss to all of us. RIP Marco. I will miss you.

Matilda

PS. If anyone knows of any memorial service or funeral details could they please post them here. I am sure many would wish to pay their respects.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Wow... I am sorry to hear that.. he was a nice guy, and always very helpful especially with computer related Stuff.
He will be missed.
RIP...

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I spoke to Marc just two weeks ago as I seemed to have a problem with my Netbook and, as usual, his reaction was 'bring it down tomorrow and I will sort it'. As it happens I managed to sort it myself temporarily so his parting words when I said it was not so urgent were "as u wish Mah Deah".

I will miss Marc for many reasons but mostly for being a great friend and helper in many situations (not all related to computers).

I am so sad at this loss, RIP Marc.

Please also let me know regarding any funeral or memorial services so I can be there :(

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Such sad news. Marco was so helpful when we decided to retire here. Maybe a moderator can bump the many photo threads of happy Thanksgivings, New Years eves and July 4th BBQ's.
He had a generous heart and will be missed but not forgotten. He and Lambada will have lots of stories to share! RIP

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Where was he from? I asked him once if he was from the USA or Europe and he answered that he had been here long enuff that he had forgotten!
Der Fish

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
OMG.......He was a good friend of mine.........
I was going to visit him this Sunday, I will miss him so much......