scuba diving and contact lenses

G

gail

When I was in Jamaica last year I was able to pick up very cheap disposable contacts so I could go scuba diving. (I wear glasses and am blind as a bat without them)

I am going to Puerto Plata in two weeks. ANy one had any experience geting contacts there, or should I try to get some before I leav? How is the scuba diving? I know there is snorkling...but I would rather dive again?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

D

DR One

Save valuable vacation time by buying your contacts at home. Check out the DR1 scuba information page and research the message board by typing in key words such as scuba and diving.

S

Sonya Clarke Casey

Hi there, I just arrived back home from an excellent vacation in Puerta Plata. I don't know much about scuba diving (we were afraid that the oxygen in the tanks did not meet the same canadian stadards that we have so we opted not to go) but I can tell you that you should probably buy your disposable contacts at home. If you can find disposable lenses in Puerta Plata, they will probably be very expensive. At the supermarket, toothpaste is 2.25, suntan lotion is 25.00, film is about 20.00, 1 bar of soap is 1.00, (all Canadian $). I kid you not! If you have any other questins about your upcoming trip, please feel free to e-mail me.

W

Wayne Winterbottom

I have plenty of experience in diving wearing contact lenses, however I always take mine with me they are always hard to get hold of and also quite dear abroad. I don't know about DR cos I'm not going until July but I have not been able to get hold of contacts (at a reasonable price) in Turkey, Greece, Spain or even France.

My advice is take them with you!

Chow!