Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: punta cana airport at 2:35 how to get to Sousa

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default punta cana airport at 2:35 how to get to Sousa

I'm starting to realize that, I'm getting to Punta Cana at 2:35, which is going to get me in Sousa late at night (I don't know where I'm going should I stay in a hotel in Punta Cana, then start fresh in the morning for Sousa ?
    Last edited by gilbert1234; 04-03-2016 at 10:58 AM. Reason: misspelled

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Food for thought...the amount of money you will lose to change your flight to POP, will be far less than the cost of transport from PUJ to Sosua, spelled SOSUA!
    Not to mention POP airport is literally 7 minutes to Sosua.

3. Likes RonS, drstock liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Careful, TTTTT

I just changed my wife's flight... cost more to change than the original flight.

AA has a $200 change fee + the difference in costs..... over $300 on a 306 flight (one way SDQ - PHL)

However, yessireebob............ the PC flight was a serious error to get to Sosua.

Many don't know how big this island is.............

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    Careful, TTTTT
    I somehow do not see The OP taking Bavaro Express to SDQ and Caribe tours to Sosua.
    A taxi is surely going to cost more than the cost of a Yumbo @ Gaspar carwatch.

Even if the change is equal to the taxi cost, wouldn't you rather eliminate a 7 hour trip through the jungle in a car?
    The OP already informed us that he is a man of leisure.
    Last edited by Tamborista; 04-03-2016 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Added a few more tidbits

Moderator - Off-Topic
    Post Thanks / Like

Given the cost of a hotel room, cabs and buses, and the inconvenience realistically spending 10 hours traveling (if you include waiting for the next available bus), changing your ticket really might be the easiest thing. POP can be a bit pricey, but check Santiago and Santo Domingo airports as well. Take a cab to the Caribe Tours depot in either town, they have buses leaving hourly for the North Coast, including Sosua.

Otherwise, it's Bavaro Express bus to Santo Domingo. Cab to Caribe Tours (or Metro Tours), then board the next bus to Sosua.

As you're arriving at 2:35, I'd strongly consider overnighting in Santo Domingo.
    Off-Topic Forum
    DR1 moderator

Post Thanks / Like

But with a 2:35 pm arrival, bearing in mind it can take an hour to get through immigration and baggage collection, it will be impossible to make the last bus, which is at 4:00 pm and the station in Verón is a 20 minute drive from the airport.
    Based on recent experience one often needs to get there about an hour early in order to ensure a ticket.
    The most realistic option is to stay at the 4 Points Hotel in Punta Cana Village or one of the inexpensive hotels in Verón or Bávaro and continue to Santo Domingo and Sosua the next morning with less pressure.
    Moderator East Coast Forum

www.DR1.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Renting a car at PUJ to drive to Sosua

How about renting a car with GPS and dropping it off in Sosua? All you need to do is arrange it with the car rental company. Just make sure you have enough money to pay for tolls, preferably in small bills. And make sure you have a full tank of gas. (Some gas stations may not take credit cards, but most do.) If you have an opportunity to use your foreign credit cards make sure that you have informed your bank of your travels.

9. Likes Derfish liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AAIS View Post
    How about renting a car with GPS and dropping it off in Sosua? All you need to do is arrange it with the car rental company. Just make sure you have enough money to pay for tolls, preferably in small bills. And make sure you have a full tank of gas. (Some gas stations may not take credit cards, but most do.) If you have an opportunity to use your foreign credit cards make sure that you have informed your bank of your travels.
    He´d be arriving on the north coast in the dark and says he doesn´t know where he´s going. I wouldn´t recommend renting.

11. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Two days on a bus instead of two days in Sosua.

Win, win, win. Cheaper flight and two days less ''expenses''.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I am sure Derfish would meet his flight @ PUJ and drive him to his hotel in Sosua for $50 bucks and a grande.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast