New here

Canuckshuk

Apr 9, 2016
New to forum, have been offered a job transfer to SD and now doing research - will try to post questions to appropriate threads. Thanks in advance to all.

Derfish

Gold
Jan 7, 2016
Welcome aboard. We were short a Canadian who is just announcing he is leaving and going back to the land of ice and snow, so there is room for you here!
Der Fish

jmnorr

Nov 22, 2012
Welcome and enjoy the learning experience, remember go with the flow! There is always manana.

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Welcome

As I always say, welcome to DR-1. I don't know what I'd do without it. Or with it, for that matter.

Keep a gimlet eye and a thick skin.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Welcome to the DR Canukshuk from another Canadian. Keep your wits about you, respect the people and the culture and you will have a great time here.

Canuckshuk

Apr 9, 2016
Thanks everyone. Coming in from Georgetown (just outside Toronto) and will be doing exploratory trip in a couple weeks to look into house, schools, etc. Office will be in Santo Domingo so will have to triangulate with school and any safe expat areas. Also my wife is a professional equestrian, so need to see what options exist for her to at least do that recreationally. Thanks all for the warm wishes, I'm sure I will be on quite a bit in the coming weeks seeking your wisdom and then hopefully be able to pay you back in person with a cold beer at some point!