Allergy Prescription in Santo Domingo

tomherer

Feb 5, 2002
www.capehost.com
Hello all,

I will be leaving for D.R. first thing tomorrow morning (2/6) and cannot find my Epi-Pen (Epinephrine shot for my food allergies) anywhere. I feel very uneasy travelling without it, and I'm wondering if there is a pharmacy near the airport that I can stop by in my rental car where I can purchase one without a prescription? If not avail. without prescription, can anyone refer me to a good local doctor who would see me for this?

Thanks so much in advance, -Tom

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Filling a prescription is usually no problem in Santo Domingo. Also, pharmacies are lax about selling prescription medicine and will usually sell it to you without a prescription. You need to drive into Santo Domingo to purchase this. You need to get into the city to buy the medicine, about a 20-30 minute drive, depending on the time of the day. Once in the city, there should be a pharmacy near your hotel. There are also several pharmacies that will deliver medicine to you, and there are many 24 hour pharmcies. Ask your hotel clerk to help you find one near your hotel.

If you need an allergist, suggest Dr. Antonio Castillo at the Abel Gonzalez Advanced Medical Center. 541-1991. He worked in the US for many years.

For more information on Dominican doctors, see http://dr1.com/living/health/2.shtml