health related events in sosua

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
one: http://noticiaspop.com.do/titulo-fe...a-efectuara-actividad-pro-fondo-medicamentos/
fair to gather funds for a local health centre attending patients free of charge, 16th of april.

fksbhw.jpg

two: http://noticiaspop.com.do/comite-sa...pana-vacunancion-polio-del-14-al-24-este-mes/
free polio vaccines, from 14th to 24th of april.

28umvyx.jpg

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
polio project is nationwide, i think. i saw news about it being done elsewhere in the country too.

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
I am not anti vaccine but knowledge is power. I hate to sound negative but there is a new epidemic of polio but it is cause by the polio vaccine.
India, over 47,000 cases caused by the vaccine there is even some showing up in Europe The CDC and WHO are trying to distance themselves from this by saying it is a different type of polio and they are right it is a more deadly type.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
I am not anti vaccine but knowledge is power. I hate to sound negative but there is a new epidemic of polio but it is cause by the polio vaccine.
India, over 47,000 cases caused by the vaccine there is even some showing up in Europe The CDC and WHO are trying to distance themselves from this by saying it is a different type of polio and they are right it is a more deadly type.

I've looked for the references that you have not cited. I can't find any. Forty-seven thou' sounds like a lot for circulating vaccine derived polio. I doubt it. A handful of cases I'll go along with, a few here and there due to mutations of the vaccine virus in an otherwise lightly protected population. But this is not a reason to press the alarm bells.

wbr

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
OK. I did another search and included INDIA in the parameters. There do seem to have been a lot of cases that are attributed to the oral vaccine. But surely this underlines the danger of under-vaccinating a population. Personally the Salk (injectable vaccine has always seemed to me to be the preferred approach. This has not yet been incriminated in vaccine-induced polio.

In fact I recall a study from many years ago that suggested a combination of oral (Sabin) and Injectable (Salk) vaccines was superior to either one or the other alone.

wbr

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I noted that the date on the news article was two days after the event. It would be infinitely more valuable if the coverage of these events was to occur some number of days before the actual event.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I noted that the date on the news article was two days after the event. It would be infinitely more valuable if the coverage of these events was to occur some number of days before the actual event.

yeah. i try to catch those news in advance but i did not see this one being announced :(

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
No harm no foul. For the thanks you receive for your efforts you are doing a superb job.